• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 13 - how to delete an edit point and join clips

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point in a project, I've wanted to butt two clips together that I had previously cut apart which left an edit point. I now simply want to remove the edit point and leave the 2 clips as 1. Is there a way to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No. Once there is a cut, it stays there.  In practice it does not matter because at output the two separated clips act as one.  Not a frame is missed.

One exception is that if it is an accidental cut, a Ctrl or Cmd Z will back up and you can back up several "mistakes".

If you must glue the two part together you can set the WorkArea Bars at the ends you want and check the WorkArea Only box at output.  Match the output to the project settings.  The output clip will in theory be of a little less quality due to the output rendering process and it will include any adjustments you've made.  But, the output clip can be used to replace your "broken" clip with little or no visual difference.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines