• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2020 won't update and won't recognize 1440 X 1080 video

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with my Adobe software, Adobe Premiere Elements 2020. There are two issues as follows:

1. When I open PE it tells me that there is an update available. When I choose to install it, I'm prompted to update my browser. It makes reference to Internet Explorer, which is obsolete. I have the current version of both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, but PE does not recognize them as compatible browsers, so it won't update. What am I to do if Adobe software doesn't recognize the two most popular browsers?

2. PE does not recognize my 1440 X 1080 video footage produced by the Wolverine MovieMaker Pro, a device that digitizes 8mm and Super 8 film. When I load my project PE defaults to 1920 X 1080. As a result I can't use features like Shake Stabilizer. When I attempt to, I get the message that my video clip sizes and the project settings must match and to start a new project. It is a never ending sequence, as PE simply won't recognize the size of my video clips. What am I to do?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the deep specs of your 1440x1080 video? Does it use anamorphic pixels?

Open your 1440x1080 video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the complete text of this report and paste it to this forum. Once we see the deep specs, we'll be better able to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the specs Steve:

General
Complete name : C:\Users\Gary\Videos\FilmScanner\MOVIE\Sammy & Jane Ann\Sammy & Jane Ann 0001.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/avc1/mp42)
File size : 123 MiB
Duration : 1 min 43 s
Overall bit rate : 9 947 kb/s
Movie_More : CarDV-TURNKEY
Encoded date : UTC 2017-01-01 00:39:04
Tagged date : UTC 2017-01-01 00:39:04
Origin : NVT-IM

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1 min 43 s
Bit rate : 9 829 kb/s
Width : 1 440 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 20.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.316
Stream size : 121 MiB (99%)
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2017-01-01 00:39:04
Tagged date : UTC 2017-01-01 00:39:04
Codec configuration box : avcC

BTW thanks for your terriffic tutorials. They are immensely helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, your 1440x1080 video has s Display Aspect Ratio of 4:3 rather than 16:9. That's why the program doesn't recognize it as widescreen.

On the other hand, the 8mm movies you had digitized were also 4:3, so you're not losing any visuals. The people who did your digitizing just use some strange formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the digitizing on a Wolverine MovieMaker Pro. The film is 8mm so aspect ration is 4:3. It is not widescreen. I assumed that PE would recognize the aspect ratio of the actual footage I want to use. I think you are telling me it isn't designed to accomodate 4:3. It seems obvious to me that people who have their old home movies digitized would want to edit in PE, and I can, in fact, do alot in it. There are just some features not available, such as Shake Stabilizer. Oh well, guess I can make do without the bells and whistles. Thanks for taking time to clear this up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements should be able to import 1440x1080 4x3 without an issue even with the odd framerate.

But guessing this is a codec issue generated by this Wolverine program.

Run the file through Handbrake and try again.

The only way to get this going is to make your own project settings.

How To Create custom Projects in Premiere Elements – Custom Sequence Presets - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'll give it a try. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't update from within the program the only solution I know of is to Download the 'trial' and enter your serial number to activate

Your problem is going to be finding version 2020 since Adobe only current and one older

I do not know how far back this process will go, but try this link
-NOTE that you will have to search the site for your specific download
Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process will
--only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number if you have a serial number program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I'm beginning to think the "trial," which esssentially means upgrading to version 2022, may be the solution. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines