• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2021: Something Strange with Pan & Zoom

Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something seems to be strange with Pan & Zoom in PE 2021 compared to PE 14 (on Windows).

I have photos of landscapes (no faces).  With PE 14 I would select the clip with the image & adjust the focus frames 1 & 2.

With PE 2021 when I open the Pan & Zoom tool I get the two focus frames but I cannot move frame 1.

When I click on frame 1 it opens up a new frame 2 which I can move (what was frame 2 is now frame 3).

The only thing I can do with frame 1 is to delete it - then the new frame 1 (was the inserted frame 2) can be moved & resized OK.

Seems a rather odd state of affairs.  Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Adobe made the decision a few generations ago to make the tool more automatic. Much to the detriment of the tool.

I've created a tutorial that shows you how to work around some of those settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds just like what I need.

However in PE 2021 I do not see "AutoAnalyzer" under Edit / Preferences & so far have not found itz elsewhere.  The online help for Pan & Zoom shows how to set "Hold" to zero but does not mention any AutoAnalyzer option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. Since I made this tutorial Adobe has removed this setting. A similar setting can be found, however, in the Organizer's preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve - that is very well hidden & not at all intuitive!

The idea that an setting in the organizer would affect the video editor is not obvious.

oMedia-Analysis.jpg

You would disable the 4 items here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the "People View Setting" had no effect.

What I have found is this: I select a jpg (landscape, no faces) in the timeline & open the Pan & Zoom tool.

Two focus frames appear and there are two thumbnails beneath.  If I click within focus frame #1 to try to resize or move it an additional focus frame appears as I described above.

However, if you first click on Thumbnail #1 and then within focus frame #1 the additional frame does not appear & you can move / resize focus frame #1 as in the old days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having now worked on a video with many photographs added to the timeline to then have the Pan & Zoom tool applied I can only confirm Steve's view that the tool has been "negatively improved", at least over PE14.

One can get to where one wants but its now soooo complex compared to before - and no way apparent to turn off the accursed face recognition feature (the switch in the organizer appears to have no effect on the video editor).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I updated the tutorial recently for version 2021 -- although the unfortunate thing about this tool is that it's gotten more rather than less annoying in recent builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I watched your tutorial & they really have messed the tool up.

I tried to "request a new feature" (restore ability to disable AutoAnalysis) via the link on Adobe staff member posted:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_premiere_elements

but when it asked me to sign in my Adobe Forum login was not accepted...

I think you mentioned using keyframes.  Is it worth creating a tutorial "alternative to Pan & Zoom"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines