• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE14 Crashing With Multiple Layers of Video

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working with Premiere Elements 14 and for some reason, it has begun to constantly crash when working with multiple video layers. It seems fine any other time, but once I get 3-4 layers going, it's only a few seconds before it inevitably crashes. This is puzzling because I've used it for years without this happenning before.

I'm running windows 10, Intel i7-8700, 16 GB ram, 64-bit OS, and have tried common fixes like restarting etc.

Thanks if anyone can help.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide a lot of detail so these are guesses.  1)  Memory failure.  A few months ago there was a similar issue and it was fixed when the user found a failed memory chip and replaced it.  2)  There is something running in the background that is new and it reduces what is available for video editing.  3)  The hard drive is getting full.  Lots of space is needed for scratch disk operation.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And of course the video you are editing can also affect performance, particularly if this video is from something other than a camcorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines