• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pr. Elements 15 - 2+gb video conversion to mp4 freezes halfway

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Pr el 15 premiere and trying to convert 2+ gb (1 and 1/2 hr) video to mp4. It keeps getting locked up half way through. Any help appreciated. Using "Quick Export." Windows 10 OS.

[PS = Pr, mod]

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

To everyone who tried to help me. Thank you for your efforts. I decided to purchase latest PS El 2024 bundle. It worked like a charm and easy to convert to 2.76gb mp4 in about 5+ minutes. Blessings all all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using PS el 15 premiere

By @sharonb41796088

Which Program version and build is this exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned I have Pr Elements 15. I saw this in another forum pasted below related to Premiere Pro which I don't have. But am deleting large files I don't need to increase space. And I clear browser cache routinely. I currently have 1.2tb free storage. Have an screenshot of build below.

"just a heads up.  It's important that you maintain at least 10% free space on all drives and at least 20% on your startup drive...  If drives get too full, all the data on the drive can get corrupted and your system uses empty space on your startup drive as "virtual" RAM if you're using too much of the actual RAM and if there's insufficient available space, the system is constantly swapping data which can seriously impact performance.    So it's important to monitor the empty space on your drives on a regular basis.   Be aware that many programs can be writing data to your drives like cache files in the background, so that can cause hard drives to fill up if you're not paying attention."

PSel15-ScreenshotVideoMP4conversion issue.jpg

[PS = Pr, mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was the last time you updated your graphics driver?  In lookign at simliar posts from the past one user did that and their similiar difficulties were taken care of.

NVIDIA- which I have just had an update a couple of days ago.2024-02-24_092229.png

Others, who don't have a nvidia card can update their drivers this way in windows:

2024-02-24_092505.png

I alway recommend to users to go to the video card manufactuer website (or you main computer website if you have an intergrated (built into the motherboard / cpu) graphics chip.   

A WORD OF CAUTION:   There are lots of websites, not from manufactures which may have needed drivers, but they often want you to install "their special software" in order to maintain updates to products.

For my dell computer I would go to their driver section on Dell's main web site.

2024-02-24_092827.png

I found a website where a user actually created a 24 hour video just to see what would happen, for the averagee user nothing really happened- so the size of your video, which is actually kid of small, reall is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dell XPS8910 with a NVIDIA GEForce GTX1070 driver (11/2/2020, version 27.21.14.5751. Dell update says it's the latest. Video conversion still stuck. Went up to 62% after 24 hrs. Sure wish I could solve this so I don't have to buy Premiere Pro subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my RAM from 16gb while mp4 conversion is still running. Is this an issue with very slow conversion?

Screenshot-RAM-ps el15-video mp4 conversion slow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your graphics card driver manually dont rely on Dell or windows.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Select the Studio driver and install as shown below.

nvidia.jpg

Disregard the driver number in the screenshot.

Most likely you need to update the Intel gpu driver too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you offer above, I am in new territory with my learning curve. What do I do with the installed graphics driver I currently have before installing studio driver? And what is the link to the Intel gpu driver as well? I appreciate your input here. I am very nervous about all this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need to bother with the intel graphic driver ignore it.   You can just install the nvidia Ge force experience, start it and download what you need need for your GTX 1070 (please ignore stuff from the dell website says about your GTX 1070 and pay attention to anything from nvidia about it).

There is no reason to reboot before or after you update your nvidsia drivers-- videos drivers are not part of the OS drivers--- many people do reboot just for their own piece of mind- even though it's not required anymore.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems the link you gave for drivers refer to laptops. I have a desktop dell xps8910.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my post with the correct driver.

Only need to fill in the OS and Studio Driver.

BTW you do not need Geforce Experience unless you are a gamer.

(moved to the Premiere Elements forum)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, they are the correct links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you converting the video from?  If all you are doing is converting the file from another format, I suggest you use Handbrake which is a free utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened an mp4 zoom meeting to ps el 15 premiere, deleted and closed gap of some frames I didn't want. Then clicked "Quick Export" as the screenshot above shows. It's been slowly converting for past 2 days. And it's encoding to M4V instead. I assume after it's done, it will convert to mp4. But Glen above feels I need to update graphics driver for it all to work properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To everyone who tried to help me. Thank you for your efforts. I decided to purchase latest PS El 2024 bundle. It worked like a charm and easy to convert to 2.76gb mp4 in about 5+ minutes. Blessings all all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines