• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premeir Elements 2023 not detecting Sony DCR-TRV 520

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed new IEEE 1394 card to my new Dell XPS 8950.  It is recognized in Device Manager.  My Sony DCR-TRV 520 Handicam is also recognized in D.M.  All firmware and Windows updates are fresh.  Other free programs recognize the camera and allow Firewire captures.  I don't understand why Premeir Elements 2023 is not detecting the camera. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

If your primary purpose was to capture and Premiere Elements won't do it, you can get a refund for up to 30 days from purchase (if you bought via download direct from Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Hello Ann.  I have just replied to Bill that I have now discovered Adobe has removed the ability to burn videos to DVD.  Am I mistaken?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to disappoint you but capturing from tape camera's has been removed since I think it was Elements 2013.

You will have to use one of the old free program and then import into Elements 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ann.  I have just replied to Bill that I have now discovered Adobe has removed the ability to burn videos to DVD.  Am I mistaken?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your primary purpose was to capture and Premiere Elements won't do it, you can get a refund for up to 30 days from purchase (if you bought via download direct from Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, Thanks for your reply...very disappointing information.  I have now discovered that Premeir no longer supports the burning of videos to DVDs.  Am I mistaken?  Is thid true?  If so I will definitely persue a complete refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is true that burning of DVDs and Blu-Rays has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines