• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 2018

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought this in January this year, all was well until the last time I tried to start it ~ getting the message "detected an incompatible display driver" ~ nothing has changed since I originally bought the app. My display is NVIDIA GeForce GT710 Version 23.21.13.9101 which I believe is the latest version. Tried deleting the Baddriver.txt file (##FALSE###FALSE#0) but it just recreated the next time I tried to run the app. Looking on taskmanager it seems to be opening multiple occurrences of GPUsniffer.exe and dynamiclinkmanager.exe*32 processes increasing my CPU useeage to 100% before it finally stops ~ just closes down.

Thanks in advance

Dave Sloan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

The usual fix is to updatedthe video drivers  Sometimes the fix is to roll back the video driver a few versions. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for the reply. The driver hadn't been updated since I installed Premier Elements ~~ I only updated the driver because of the message I was getting.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Of the 10 or so versions available (odest being October 2017) I've downloaded 5 of them and tried to run Elements ~ all with the same result ~ GPUsniffer runs several times simultaneously taking up between 7 and 33% of CPU until the "Update display driver" message appears. So no joy yet!

Thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried disabling Nivadia then trying to start Premier Elements which resulted in the same outcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to get Elements 2018 to load by going into taskmanager and deleting instances of GPUsniffer as they were being created just leaving one occurence running. Elements then ran but came up with this message. Detected generic Microsoft display driver. Please update  your display driver. Driver details: Microsoft Corporation - GDI Generic 1.1.0.

Dismissed this message and Elements still running. Got to go to work so haven't tried any editing yet.

Anyone any ideas what I need to do with this version of driver disable/delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried opening/closing elements several times by doing the above and loads every time. Editor working OK as have created/saved a few videos. Only had the "GDI Generic 1.1.0" message once(?). BTW I'm on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you are up and running.  That's good!

Reading between the lines, it sounds like there was a conflict between two graphics adapters/drivers.   I think I remember a post in the distant past where a user had to disable one in favor of the other.   I don't know how that works. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines