Exit

Premiere Elements 10 shows white screen

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have HP 2000 series laptop computer

recently installed Windows 10 from Windows 7

Intel graphics, updated to latest version.

8 GB memory

65 GB free storage

Up to a week ago, Premiere Elements 10 was working fine.

Now when I go to show a previously-saved video project, I get an error message that states:

Incomppatible display driver. Update display driver. details Intel HD graphics 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2900.

Well that Intel driver is not the latest one. Do I have to go and instal an old driver?

If I keep loading the video/audio project, it loads but displays a white screen. If I put the cusror on the screen and left click the mouse, it displays the one frame that I am on. Can anyone help? Norman

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Elements 10 is older than than your operating system and your computer.  That can put you in a weird spot where you have to try to match the video driver.  You may have to "roll it back" to one with a vintage closer to the Premiere Elements version you are using.   In a more perfect situation, Microsoft, HP and Intel would be capable of making everything old work as good as new.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines