• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12 trial version won't play clip

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the Premiere Elements 12 trial version to see if I should purchase - I imported a clip but it won't play - I am running an Intel Core i-7 6500u CPU @2500GHz - 12GB RAM - 64 bit  -any ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video clip coming from and what is the video's format and resolution?

When you first add the clip to the timeline of a new project, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above the clip? If so, that is an indication that the program is not able to recognize or match the specs of the clip to its project settings.

RenderLine.jpg

Also note that version 12 requires Quicktime as part of its system requirements.

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve - thanks for the quick reply. The Video was created in PowerPoint and I exported as a .WMV file - 1280 W x 720 H (Bit Rate:71,148 kbps - 30 frames/second.

The line renders blue. I did not have QuickTime on my machine - so I downloaded - but I am still getting same result. Does Quick Time have to be up and running? - It seems QuickTime is stuck in perpetual "Loading". Also when I try to close the program - it freezes and I have to go into Control Panel to close out the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said whether you see a render line above the clip when you first add it to your timeline.

But WMV files don't make the best source files for Premiere Elements.

If you convert it to an MP4 using the free download Handbrake, does the playback improve?

https://handbrake.fr/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line renders blue.

Let me try that - converting to an mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- just converted to an MP4 and still does not play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a render line above the clip on your timeline? If this is a new project, you should not see one. (I don't know what "The line renders blue" means. I just need to know if there is any render line above the top of the timeline.)

If you go to the Edit menu in the program, what is listed on the General page of Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screen shots ... hope that helps ...

Screen Capture2.PNGScreen Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, you're in Quick View! That's why you don't see the render line!

Switch over the Expert View and see if you see the render line above the clip.

My guess is that you will since the clips on your Quick View timeline have a watermark bar running through them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines