• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 vs 22

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PE 15 for the last few years and I periodically investigate if/when it would be useful to upgrade. It's strictly for personal, non-professional use so I'm not thinking of Premiere Pro. I'm not very interested in any gimmicky things, just basic video editing capability.

For example, I note that Adobe is featuring shadow and highlight adjustments in its promotional material for 2022. That's of course also in 15, but have they improved the methods? Also, I find that shake reduction in 15 is not usually very helpful, sometimes making things worse. Has that been improved over the last few years? Things like that.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been five versions since version 15, each one adding some new features. You can see demos of each version's new features on my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfpVJuTmZEi1hlGCXQLSpOe8TfKndfAD3

Whether or not these new features are worth upgrading to is up to you. The basics of Premiere Elements has not changed significantly since version 15. Shadow/highlight is no different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I used PE 14 for many years & with a new PC purchased PE 2021 so a similar step compared to what you are considering.

I found some things were somewhat better, however Pan & Zoom had been "negativly improved" (according to Steve not addressed in PE 2022).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you elaborate on what you found was better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines