Exit

Premiere Elements 15 will not burn Blu-ray or ISO

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I use Premiere Elements 15.

I have been trying to burn a blu-ray disc, or ISO file for a week without success. I have had success in the past with short projects, but this particular project is 1hour and 40 minutes long. I suspect that the length of the project may be the culprit, but why would that fail? Is the software only designed to build short projects? The timeline consists of gopro HD footage, canon HD footage, and some still images along with a music track. There are normal basic dissolve transistions, some slo-mo, a basic title,  rolling credits, and menu markers. No audio was used in menu creation.

When burning to Blu-ray disc, there is a failure at disc burn after 98%. When trying to burn an ISO file the error occurs 3% into the burn process of the ISO. I cannot create either.

I have tried turning hardware accelerator both on and off, with the same errors. I have tried removing menu markers, there are ZERO gaps in the timeline, no other programs are running, I set computer to "never" sleep, and I even re-installed the program. None of this helps.

Computer specs and drive capacity are not the problem. Machine has i7, 32 GB ram, 2 TB "D" drive with lots of empty space, 750GB "C" drive with lots of empty space, and a GTX 1080 grpaphics card. I have tried saving the ISO file on both drives, with errors on both.

Is this software broken, or is there someting else going on here?

Thanks,

Bob

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

I am happy to report a solution to my problem. With a 15 minute phone call with Adobe phone support, it was determined that my project file was corrupt. This is the file that auto-saves your project periodically. The solution was to simply close your program, go into whichever folder on your hard drive saves your project files (the auto-save folder), locate that project file, copy and paste it to a new location. In my case I simply pasted that file onto my desktop. Once there, you can double cli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have nailed it when you noted that shorter projects are successfully created while your 100 minute project is not.

The software works, or you wouldn't be able to create any projects at all.

What happens if, as an experiment, you break your 100 minute project into two 50 minute projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

That was going to be my next test. My question would be, what if I am successful burning my first half into an ISO, then successfully burning my 2nd haf into an ISO, Is there way to then combine the 2 "half" ISO files as to be able to burn a  single complete Blu-ray disc? Or is this exercise solely for the purpose of ruling out which half of the timeline is causing a problem?

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Your first reply may also suggest that perhaps the software is not actaully "robust" enough to handle longer form projects? Do you believe this to be the case?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No implication intended. There are lots of factors involved -- included your project settings and the type of media you're using to build your project. But if it doesn't work when burning a 100 minute project, the first thing to test is if cutting the project in half fixes it.

If things are overloading, one possible solution might be to output your entire movie as a 1920x1080 mp4, then start a new project, use that MP4 as your source media to create your BluRay.

Sort of breaking the process down to one process at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I have been able to produce an MP4 file which I used to export into a USB thumb drive. That worked fine. I am wondering if I then loaded that MP4 back onto a new timeline, then created an ISO from that, would there be a quality difference between creating an ISO from the original timeline v.s. an ISO from the MP4 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much room is there on the bootdrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

There is 330GB of free space on the SSD boot drive "C"

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I now cut my movie in half. Each half is approximately 50 minutes long. I tried burning the front half by itself on the timeline to a Blu-ray ISO file. I got the same error failure results at 3% of burning ISO file. Next I tried burning the last half of the movie on the timeline by itself and got the same error at same point in the process 3% into the burning ISO file stage. To be clear, it encodes successfully, it seems to compile successfully, but fails at the same 3% of the burn ISO stage each time. I'm not sure what to do next? Should I be trying to burn smaller and saller segments of the timeline?

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There does not seem to be a whole lot of suggestions here, but I will keep reporting back with my progress. Please feel free to chime in with suggestions.

My next experiment was to delete 95% of my timeline. I only left the first 2 minutes of my movie on the existing timeline which does include 1 menu marker. Note that I am not starting a new project, but only deleting most of my movie except for the very begining of the existing timeline. Not sure if this matters. I then chose to export using the Blu-ray ISO file option to "C" drive. The process was quick due to the short timeline. This time it went through the encoding media, compiling media, then when it tried to move to the next step of burning ISO, the program just suddenly shut down. This never happened before. 

I then re-opened the project, tried once more to ecxport to burn Blu-ray ISO to "C" drive, and this time it gave me the normal problem error at the 3% of burn ISO, just the same as if I had the 100 minute timeline during my previous attempts. Something is obviously broken here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With so many conversations at once, forgive me if I missed something.

Have you created a new project and used the MP4 of your long movie to output your BluRay, as I suggested above?

There will not be a noticeable loss of quality or clarity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I will try that next. I was also wondering if I exported the timeline in AVCHD and burned that to a Blu-ray disc. is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what type of video file you have, burning that file to a disc does NOT make a movie that will work on a player at your TV

You MUST "author" a DVD or  Blu Ray to make it into the special format to play at a TV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

As noted previously, I was successful in creating an MP4 file. As per your suggestion, I then opened a new project and loaded that MP4 file and successfully burned an ISO file from that. I then used the "Windows burn media program" (not PE15) to burn a Blu-ray disc from that ISO file. To my eyes, that Blu-ray seems to be a bit lesser quality that the MP4 file when played on a TV. The goal here is to either burn an ISO or Blu-ray disc directly from the original timeline which is what the program is supposed to do.

The obvious question then is how do I burn an ISO file or a Blu-ray file directly from my origianl timeline with all of my media files, and menu? PE15 obvioulsy does not like something about my media files regardless of which portion of the timeline is used, or what the lenght is.

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

As noted previously, I was successful in creating an MP4 file. As per your suggestion, I then opened a new project and loaded that MP4 file and successfully burned an ISO file from that. I then used the "Windows burn media program" (not PE15) to burn a Blu-ray disc from that ISO file. To my eyes, that Blu-ray seems to be a bit lesser quality that the MP4 file when played on a TV. The goal here is to either burn an ISO or Blu-ray disc directly from the original timeline which is what the program is supposed to do.

The obvious question then is how do I burn an ISO file or a Blu-ray file directly from my origianl timeline with all of my media files, and menu? PE15 obvioulsy does not like something about my media files regardless of which portion of the timeline is used, or what the lenght is.

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to report a solution to my problem. With a 15 minute phone call with Adobe phone support, it was determined that my project file was corrupt. This is the file that auto-saves your project periodically. The solution was to simply close your program, go into whichever folder on your hard drive saves your project files (the auto-save folder), locate that project file, copy and paste it to a new location. In my case I simply pasted that file onto my desktop. Once there, you can double click that file, which will then open Premiere Elements using that project file. It is the same project file that was corrupt, but somehow by moving it to a new location and opening your program using that re-located file, it somehow works. 

Don't ask me how or why, but I wanted to share this with anyone who may have a smiliar problem. Apparently project files can get corrupted somehow, and simply moving them to  a different location fixes them. I can now burn Blu-rays, or ISO files with the project.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you found a solution, Bob! Happy moviemaking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Curious if you have ever heard of this before Steve?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines