Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 19 video interface issues on Mac M1

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I've recently discovered that my new professional-level video editors do not work with MPG video files; however, Premiere Elements does and has been my previous go-to program. I have upgraded to a Macbook Pro from a Windows laptop and have installed Premiere Elements so that I can use it to convert my MPG and MPEG video files to MP4. 

All was going well for one day, and then suddenly, trouble started

• The dropdown menus would not display until a clicked them a second time--and then they would disappear as I tried to make a selection.
  • The bin containing files rests BEHIND the editing screen. I have to minimize Elements to see it--and even then it is not accessible.
  • If I manage to load a video into the editor and try to export it, the program just sits still once export is selected. I can close and save the program, but every menu is unresponsive and the screen never transitions to the export screen.

I know that Premiere Elements 19 is not the current program, but I'm wondering if this is an issue of the program interfacing with the M1 chip? Even then, why did it work fine for a day, export/convert two dozen video files, and then stop working at all?  Very frustrating. 

Yes, one answer would be to just buy a video converter, but why should I have to do that when Elements should do the task for me? These are old home videos from 14+ years ago and not in HD, so I'm not really worried about any slight data quality loss. From what I've seen, the MP4 files Elements created are just fine.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Miles

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?