• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 2018 hangs up in Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Premiere Elements 2018 and it does not work at all, see attachment. I already spent too much time trying to get it working.  Please return my money asap or I will reclaim from credit card company. premiere.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum.  Nobody can help with refunds. 

Consider starting an online chat with Contact Customer Care   I've never done it myself, but read it works well. 

Good luck and sorry Premiere Elements isn't working for you.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I wouldn't mind to get it working either! But what can I do. I already tried to reinstall - I think debugging such basic bugs is Adobe's job, not mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why Bill recommends contacting Customer Care.

Your problem is unique to your computer and is not common to Windows 10 systems. They will be able to help you work through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is problem is unique to Premiere Elements. No windows application should behave so that it hangs up and a windows prompt shows up to terminate it - if there's an error in the app it should report it itself. That is simply bad programming from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the elements 2018 trial ( I have elements 8 installed) and it starts, but will not seem to play back any imported videos, regardless of format (.mov, .avi, cell phone mp4's and reformatted mp4, even still Jpegs.) is there another video editor that works? definitely meet system requirements. Must be a conflict with something, but I have already expended several hours to make it work. If Adobe can't fix this, I am looking for another vendor. Love Elements, but need it to work with modern formats. Elements 8 changes aspect and chokes on HD video from cell phones. My DSLR outputs work, but are a bit slow, thought an upgrade would help, but no such luck. Thanks for letting me rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no fix from Adobe, need to reclaim from the credit card company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The customer service does not work well at all. I have now spend 33 minutes trying to get them to refund, and they haven't been able to even find the order based on my account ID and order number ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok it took 1 hour in the chat and they finally promised me refund.

Whew, a lot of time spent exploring the bugs of this product and trying to get a refund!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried try updating  your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the configuration details of the system on which you are facing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have updated all drivers from the manufacturer site.

This is Dell XPS 13 9350 with 16G ram

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2592 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm done with Premierre Elements 2018 on my Windows 10 high RAM computer. Numerous reinstalls. Does not always load, and when it does I open project. nothing runs, locks up repeat ad nauseum, no Adobe tel support  for lowly Elements users. Bloatware that doesn't work, new versions with new bells and whistles, doesn't work, sell more stuff, no support. That's it. I'm done with Premiere, using different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm disappointed that you can't get it to run.  It is a mass marketed product with with (I don't know how many) thousands of users.  Most, including me, have good results.   Although Adobe does not do telephone support, they do have an online chat system where they can run your computer remotely to solve installation problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines