• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018: photoshop opens but Premier won't

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Elements installed on an Acer windows 10 laptop – I tried to open Premier Elements today but it won’t open --- However, the photoshop option does open as it should. There is no error or any feedback when the video editor won't open ---it just does nothing after clicking on it, no spalsh screen no anything.
My Premier did work on this computer but I have not tried to open it in several months so I am not sure when it stopped working or why

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a discussion thread where the user was getting issues while launching Adobe Photoshop Elements like you are getting with Premiere Elements.

Take a look at this discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2020-trial-fails-when-trying-to-open-editor-error-213-11/td-p/10668455

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I just updated both my display drivers (INTEL UHD graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050)

still have the same problem with Premiere not opening.

As per other old forum suggestions I also renamed the 16.0 folder under Appdata and then tried to open the program - a new 16.0 folder is created but this does not solve the problem

I also changed a false condition to true in the debiug file and problem still persists 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a discussion thread where the user was getting issues while launching Adobe Photoshop Elements like you are getting with Premiere Elements.

Take a look at this discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2020-trial-fails-when-trying-to...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the link Shivangi

I tried a combination of 2 of the suggestions and the problem seems fixed

It did NOT seem like my issue was a permissions issue because both the photo editor and the organizer opened and function as they should.

But I was wrong - after the following steps - Premier opened and asked for serial number

STEPS

Close Photoshop Elements
Open the Run dialog box (Windows key+R)
Type in %appdata% and click OK
Open the Adobe folder
Delete the Adobe PCD folder
Delete the SLData folder
Restart the computer and then launch Photoshop Elements
This by itself did NOT fix the issue – But adding the following steps and rebooting did work

Rename the below folder and try to launch the Editor using Elements Home:
Folder to rename:
1) C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore
2) C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\SLData

Then – start Premiere by going to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2018
And clicking on PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe (right-click it and "run as administrator")
This error is generally encountered when the permissions are not correctly set for folders related to licensing.
A window should pop up requiring you to login to your Adobe account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines