Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2019 - HEVC :(

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I bought GoPro Hero Black 7. It records 1080 240 FPV in HEVC. My present sofware doesn't support it. So I bought  Premiere Elements 201, beciuse here: Version Comparison | Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 vs 2018, 15, 14 we can find information in third line: Support for VFR, HEIF (macOS), and HEVC (macOS 10.13 and above) NEW. So can you give me solution? Beacuse I can't import this file to program.

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64 Bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try converting with HandBrake:

https://handbrake.fr/features.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answer is unacceptable.  I have a windows 10 machine, and I'm not going to convert my video first through some lossy program.   Instead I will shop for a better Video editing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a user to user forum.  Any suggestion from someone willing to give you their time is acceptable.  You should say "thank you".  If you want to complain to Adobe there are other ways to do it.

"Support for VFR, HEIF (macOS), and HEVC (macOS 10.13 and above)"

There are several solutions.....

HEVC is also called "H.265".  It is a compression scheme that makes smaller, not better, files than the more universal H.264.

Your GoPro can be set to use H.264.

GoPro themselves talks about it here:  https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc  They explain it without saying it is "lossy".   In fact, if there is a loss, I doubt that it will be noticeable.  Handbrake only converts, it does not edit. 

GoPro also provides a link to their own description on using Handbrake:  https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-convert-gopro-hevc-videos-to-h-264-using-handbrake

There is a good YouTube about the subject:  Hero6 footage not working? Here's why and how to fix it – HEVC H265 explained - YouTube

Since "HEVC" is part of the Apple iOS system, you can buy a Mac.

If you want to stick to Windows, there is no way to add the H.265 codec.  Perhaps the best alternative software is Cyberlink PowerDirector where advertising says it does support the codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just because I was searching for an answer to the same problem I am having with my GoPro videos from my Hero8: Adobe has added HEVC support to the new Premiere Elements 2020 for Windows as well (not just the Mac version).

It doesn´t solve it for us using Premiere Elements 2019 though... Just another reason to spend money again on the new version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines