We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Owned Premiere Elements 12 for minor projects with success and no problems. Purchased Premiere Elements 2019 from Adobe for a bigger project but nothing major. I started the project on Premiere Elements 12 and moved it to 2019 after the first six minutes. After 22 minutes of video clips, freeze frames, stills and titles, memory (16GB) on my Lenovo M710 (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU 3.60GHz) started building and finally maxed, freezing Premiere 2019 (“the app”). Today I opened my project for just some review and I noticed the leak building to just under the max and then freezing the app. The snip shows the memory use. I closed the app with File>Exit where the app closed but Task Manager listed it as still open and still bouncing off my 16GB ceiling. And then, my 512SS C drive maxed out doing what, I do not know. I ended the app process in Task Manger and all settled down to normal.
I have used other intensive CPU and memory applications and experienced memory leaks in the past on other capable workstations with other applications, years ago and before Windows 10, but the speed with which this leak takes over is astounding. My M710 in loaded with many heavy duty applications and I have not experienced memory leaks of any kind since new (two years).
My project is due tomorrow. I have no idea how to fix this. Please help.
I do not have a fix for you.
Might want to start fresh in 2019 instead of opening a real 'old' project.
Opening old projects in a new version are known to cause issues.
But that is of no help for now.
Thanks for the tip. All ideas are appreciated.
I did notice that some clips from 12 were difficult editing in 2019. Titles did not respond to font changes, etc.
Looking for that easy fix, if there is one, and take the hard ones if necessary. I will try a few things to meet tomorrow's due date. I can always give myself an extension.
Convert difficult clips with Handbrake.
See how that goes.
I have found the answer to my own problem. Notice the snip of the Task Manager Performance tab in my initial post with two graphic processors: GPU 0, the Intel HD Graphics 630; and, GPU 1, the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730. I have two monitors, a generic Lenovo (LEN 12364d) and a SONY 4K Bravia (KD-50X690E). The Lenovo is connected to the HDMI on the system board and the SONY directly to the GeForce. The Windows System Display detected both monitors and was set to extend. All went well with this setup using both monitors until some point in my video project where memory rocketed and my SS drive jammed up with paging. After I disabled the Intel HD Graphics 630 in Device Manager and used Premiere 2019 only on the SONY with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730, no more runaway memory leak. Obviously there was a GPU conflict. I will finish my project on one monitor and later try a different monitor configuration to eliminate the conflict.
This problem was individual to my hardware setup and not a software bug.
Thanks to Ann Bens for the tips that got me thinking.