• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021 crashes if you have a file where you have 'Replace clip from project assets'

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shut off my crash reporter since it was just an insult to injury since my PE2021 kept crashing.

I believe that I have isolated my issue.  Hopefully this helps others and hopefully it may help the devs to track down this nasty issue I was having.

If I had a file where I had swapped out the audio clip with another in my libary via   Right Click >>  Clip >> Replace clip from project assets;  then the file would crash as soon as I scrubbed on the video.  There may be other criteria, such as applied effects.  But I was able to remove the audio clip from the project that I had placed by "swapping", then re-added it to the project without using the "Replace clip from project assets" feature and the file / project no longer crashes.  The nasty part is that this seemed to only happen AFTER you closed out of Premiere and re-launched it.  So you would do a bunch of work and then come back to an apparent corrupt file. 

I hope this helps.  Cheers.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not a universal issue. I can't duplicate it. It could be related to your media, or it could be related to something in your operating system.

So I can't offer a solution, but -- Why are you doing it this way? As you've discovered, it's much easaier to just add the clip to the timeline without its audio and then add the new audio to your timeline. That's the more traditional way to edit. Using the Replace function is more a backdoor solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines