Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021-Disbale update

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team,

Currently on version 19.0 of Adobe Premiere Elements 2021. We need to disable the update that is coming up, we cannot work with remind later option.

A few reasons.

>Adobe is slow to install

>Slow to update.

>High chances of failure.

>Takes a lot of time for the update to complete.

>Costs us a lot of money at the same time.

>Users are beginners in Adobe, they do not want any chnages to be made what so ever for a while until they are well up to date with the interface and feel of the application.

>Moreover the IT member has to contacted everytime update is to be done, still takes more time.

>At this point I wish there was a parallel option to the service.

What is not a solution.

>Disconnecting from the internet when starting Adobe Premiere.

>Closing the app from the task manager.

>To do remind me later.

>Care least on the security part for now.

In other words, the update should not bother us/ bug us / pin us, unnessarly. We just need it disabled, until we want to explore more new options or interface. Expecting a quick response.

Thanks

Adam

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Disable the Adobe Updater in Startup:

updaterstartuputility.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Premiere Pro forum to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable the Adobe Updater in Startup:

updaterstartuputility.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to Premiere Elements is an incremental bug fix, security fix or an update to the ACR files.  As long as you have a decent Internet connection it will be fast enough to complete on a coffee break.  There is no fee because it is an update, not an upgrade.  Features don't operations for the beginners don't change.   You are not prompted for paid version upgrades.  I think my 2021 version was updated three times.  In other words, during product year it had three updates.  My third was last week and it went quickly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, I appericiate the experience shared on the app, however, after disabling from startup it does not appear anymore, that's what we want. This discussion can be closed and thread can stay to help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this does NOT work because when I try to start up Premiere Elements 2021 it locks up everything and the old version cannot be used and it will not update or even close without Ctl/Alt/Del. And already on hold 30 min with Adobe.  At least Apple lets one select music genre.  Service at Adobe is worse than terrible; it's nonexistent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...on hold 30 min with Adobe."

Telephone support is growing worse everywhere.  I suspect it is a condition of global economics and, perhaps, pandemics.  I was on hold with my internet provider for an hour this morning.  

Adobe provides a different channel that, according to feedback here, does well.  Try starting a "chat" in this link:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"...when I try to start up Premiere Elements 2021 it locks up everything and the old version cannot be used .."

Multiple versions of Elements programs run completely independent of each other.  If you have both an old and newer version locking up, it suggests you may have hardware issues.  My first guess would be the amount of spare, usable space on your HDD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines