• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021, dynamiclinkmanager.exe stops working, error BEX64, Windows 10 Pro

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Community,

When I look in the "Reliability Monitor" in my Windows 10 desktop computer, I notice that the "Dynamic Link Manager 12" is frequently and consistently faulting with the error code:  "BEX64".

I have reinstalled Elements, checked for the latest BIOS, checked Windows for corrupted system files and updated the drivers for my Graphics Card.  To no avail.

Windows 10 Pro:  Version 21H1

Graphics Chipset:  AMD Radeon Pro W5700 -  Driver Version:  "21.40.11.02-211126a-374134C-RadeonPROEnterprise"

2TB SATA HDD

Follows is a specimen of the Problem Report from "Reliability Monitor":

Source
Adobe Dynamic Link Manager 12

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎1/‎1/‎2022 11:44 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 2021 Organizer\dynamiclinkmanager.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: dynamiclinkmanager.exe
Application Version: 12.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5ec7ba18
Fault Module Name: ucrtbase.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.789
Fault Module Timestamp: 2bd748bf
Exception Offset: 000000000007286e
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 0000000000000007
OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 35b9
Additional Information 2: 35b91af245a2a525b1a1ab6a4206ac51
Additional Information 3: 2c3b
Additional Information 4: 2c3b434d993069d0bf948abe199cc52e

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 91fdd3ce4e8bf5efe9426333210f35aa (1820126270660228522)

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated!

~J

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is causing your failure.  I did some searching on "ucrtbase.dll" because it is listed as your "Fault Module Name:"  I came up with suggestions that might apply.  That .dll is part of Windows and, in rare cases, causes problems that are fixed with Windows tools. 

If it were me, I might try a chat session with Adobe techs.  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill & John,

Thanks!

I recently contacted Adobe but have to wait for a call-back from their tech-support, because it was not during regular business hours.

In the meantime, I did further research on Windows and BEX64 without using any references of Adobe or "ucrtbase.dll" and found a similar problem running other apps.  The Windows support community suggests disabling "Data Execution", which I tried.  So far, no error...  knock on wood!  So let's give this a few more days.  If the error returns, I'll reach out again.

Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone who reads this,

Disabling "Data Execution" did prevent the fault from reaccuring.  HOWEVER, "Data Execution Prevention" is a necessary component of security within the Windows environment.  I Strongly recommend NOT disabling DES to resolve this issue, as there's an easier work-around to my problem.  Adobe tech support suggested renaming Dynamiclinkmanager.exe to:  Dynamiclinkmanager.old.  As, according to Adobe, this application is not a required component for the regular use of Premiere Elements 2021 (!)

This fix also seems to work and is much less dangerous than messing around with DES.

All Best and Happier New Year Wishes!

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I feel a bit dopey!  The Adobe Support rep did ask if my visual C runtime was the latest version.  Having just refreshed Windows, I assumed that it was.  But, it wasn't.  So I installed the latest version, renamed Dynamiclinkmanager.old to ".exe" and so far the problem is resolved!

Appologies to Bill and John, who were correct in their diagnosis of the situation!

All Best,

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting.  I will try to remember this for when it comes up again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>That .dll is part of Windows

This MAY fix the problem...

Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help
-or direct to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-c-runtime-errors-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines