• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2021

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I run Premiere Elements 2021 in conjunction with Elements Organizer 2022 (and PSE 2022)? I have full version of PSE plus Premiere Elements 2021 but only PSE 2022.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum: I am running latest version of Monterey on an Intel iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the versions are linked and have to match.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill. That's what I thought but I wanted to avoid the complication of having two versions of Organizer present at the same time. In any case, I don't use Prremiere Elements very often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep Organizer 2022 to work with Photoshop Elements 2022.  You can delete Organizer 2021 (after updating).   Organizer is optional.  Then, when you do want to use Premiere Elements, start it directly from its own exe file.  That will bypass any intermediate steps.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill - That works for me. I always launch Organizer directly, then access PSE as needed. Your suggestion should work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill - I installed Premiere Elements 2021 as suggested but the app will not run. It appears to start but then stops before a screen appears. If I try to access through general opening screen, the same thing happens. I even tried the old trick for PSE 2021 by trying the .exe file that loads trhough Terminal without success. I guess I will not be using Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try finding this exact file:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2021\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill -  I am running a Mac using Monterey, which does not use a C: drive path. However, I know from previous experience with PSE 2021 that I can get to the equivalent executable .exe by showing Contents and digging in a little. When I try to start this way, I get the activity indicator in the Dock to show up, almost immediately followed by its disappearance. I believe this is a macOS Monterey/Adobe issue that has a long string of comments to which I have previously added comments. Since I use other video editors, I don't plan to put much more effort into salvaging Premiere Elements 2021 and I already decided not to get the 2022 version when I upgraded PSE to 2022. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines