Premiere Elements 2022 adds damaged frames

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes in the exported file, Premiere Elements 2022 adds damaged frames at the beginning of the new clip in the timeline. This doesn't happen in the preview, only in the exported file.

Damaged frames also don't exist in the original clip.

See sample screenshot showing exact same frame in PRE and external player.

I was so happy to buy this software but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I've followed https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/gpu-troubleshoot.html but it doesn't help. I have disabled GPU Acceleration in Edit - Preferences but it doesn't help.

 

I have latest NVIDIA drivers 496.76 for GTX 1070, latest Windows 10 updates.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz

64.0 GB

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

 

222.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

87

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the program is adding frames that are nowhere in your original footage?! That's completely weird. I've no idea why the program would do that.

 

What is your original footage and what device created it?

 

Open your original footage in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of this report and paste it to this forum.

 

If the program is adding frames that aren't even in the original video, something is going on that I've never seen before. So let's start with a deep analysis of the original footage.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The damaged frame actually is somewhere in the middle of the original footable, not at the begining but it's not upside down, frame shifted and not in pink/blue colors as on the screenshot.

Thanks for your help. After many experiments and many hours spent I think it's to do with 2 pass encoding I've used for export. The issue doesn't seem to happen for 1 pass encoding so far.

Perphaps there's some bug there, not sure.

 

It's standard iPhone recorded video, nothing special:

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 0000.00 (qt )
File size : 2.52 GiB
Duration : 4 min 40 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 77.3 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2020-06-09 16:47:58
Tagged date : UTC 2020-06-09 16:52:39
Writing library : Apple QuickTime
com.apple.quicktime.make : Apple
com.apple.quicktime.model : iPhone 11
com.apple.quicktime.software : 13.5.1
com.apple.quicktime.creationdate : 2020-06-09T18:47:57+0200

Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main@L5.1@High
Codec ID : hvc1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 4 min 40 s
Bit rate : 77.1 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Minimum frame rate : 54.545 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 66.667 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.155
Stream size : 2.51 GiB (100%)
Title : Core Media Video
Encoded date : UTC 2020-06-09 16:47:58
Tagged date : UTC 2020-06-09 16:52:39
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Metas : 3,4,5
Codec configuration box : hvcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Duration : 4 min 40 s
Source duration : 4 min 40 s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 170 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 5.68 MiB (0%)
Source stream size : 5.68 MiB (0%)
Title : Core Media Audio
Encoded date : UTC 2020-06-09 16:47:58
Tagged date : UTC 2020-06-09 16:52:39

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some things in this file that may be contributing to the issue. 

 

Just as an experiment, convert the file to a 30 fps 3840x2160 with constant frame rate using Handbrake and the settings I show you in this tutorial. See if this converted file gives you the same issues. 

 

If this fixes it, then there are settings you can use in whatever you're recording your video in that will make the file more compatible with Premiere Elements.

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines