Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 21 Installation Problem

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased newWindows  laptop to replace my W10 laptop

I was able to install my  PS Elements 21 by downloading from Adobe and entering my serial number  with no problem.

My  PS Premiere Elements 21is not installing

Im downloading the installer but its showing progress only up to 5% and suddenly shows installation complete 100% with a red triangle and an exclamation point inside of it

When I click on the installer zip file I get a circlewith a spinning  arrow  that never stops

Any ideas what the problem may be??

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

PROBLEM SOLVED

My word processing software opened with a message that Java Runtime Environment JRE was needed to run the program. I had always ignored it, because the word processor worked fine.

I tried all suggestions you had recommended so I downloaded the JRE. Bingo it solve my problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a different browser and download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Ann's good suggestion, could you be short of HDD space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both  for your suggestion

I tried both suggestions and have plenty of space

I bought the combo ps & premiere elements but the for some reason the premiere installer goes fcannot cannot om 5% to 100% and cannot install install  is there a mirror site I can downoad from?

FWIW I was able to downloadPremel 22 with no problem up to  the point where I was asked to ender the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.  You wrote, "When I click on the installer zip...."  Can you try extracting the contents of the zip and run that?  And where did you "download from Adobe"?  Was it from your account record?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your message Bill
I downloaded from the Adobe Website  I also logged into my Adobe account and had the same results
when I extract the folder I get the below file

I then proceed to open the file and I get to the point where it starts downloading up to 5% and then suddenly shows 100% and the installation complete window (below) comes on the screen

Screenshot 2022-03-14 075709.png

 

Screenshot 2022-03-14 081710.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thread in the Photoshop Elements forum on the same "Error Code: 199" topic.   

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/error-code-199-trying-to-reinstall-pse...

Have you tried running Premiere Elements directly from the .exe file?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED

My word processing software opened with a message that Java Runtime Environment JRE was needed to run the program. I had always ignored it, because the word processor worked fine.

I tried all suggestions you had recommended so I downloaded the JRE. Bingo it solve my problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try as a system administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines