My headphones no longer work within Premiere Elements. They function normally outside of the application. In audio settings> audio hardware I have two choices, ASIO and MME. When set to ASIO the audio works fine within the application on speakers. When set to MME the headphones are listed.
Default Input: Headset (Bose QC35 II) (Not working)
Default Output: Headset (Bose QC35 II) (Not working)
Master Clock: Out: Headphones (Bose QC35 II) (Not working)
I reinstalled the application and the audio driver with no effect. I noticed that there were Windows 11 updates yesterday. KB5012592 and KB5012121. I'd rather not roll back the update if thats even possible anymore. Does the community have any thoughts on a fix or workaround?
Rolling back the updates had no effect.
Unless you are doing voice overs, try changing the Default Audio Input to "No Input".
Premiere Elements does not automatically switch between audio outputs. If I start a project with computer speakers on and selected, it will stay that way throughout the project. If I want to change to headphones, I have to first get the headphones connected to the computer as the standard output. Then, I need to go to Default Output and change to my new choice of headphones. It will stay that way in the project. If I put the headphones away, I have to go back to the default settings to get back to having speakers selected.
It is not my favorite feature! But, switching audio outputs manually has been with Premiere Elements as long as I've owned a headset!
Your instructions resolved the issue. Thank you Bill.
You are very welcome and thank you for letting me know that you are up and running again!