• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems uploading .mp4 files to Vimeo

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Premiere Elements 2019, I am no longer able to upload .mp4 files Vimeo unless I run them through Handbrake first. All of the previous versions of Premiere Elements produced .mp4 files that were easily uploaded to Vimeo, I have reinstalled the 2019 version, but the problem persisted. As a long-time user of Adobe products, I'm frustrated that I have to use a free product such as Handbrake to do what I have been purchasing Adobe Premiere Elements to do. Furthermore, the initial version of Adobe Rush CC isn't yet able to export to Vimeo. Will I have to purchase Premiere Pro to upload to vimeo?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never experienced this.

The 1920x1080 MP4s produced by version 2019 are no different that the 1920x1080 MP4s produced by any earlier versions of the program. There must be another issue at work at your or Vimeo's end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve us correct.   The video file formats didn't change.

What is your workflow?   What are your output settings?  Rush will output video for Vimeo too.  Why are you wanting to use Rush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing my video in "Expert", I select "Export & Share", followed by "Quick Export". The "Quick Export Settings" on my last attempt were: Resolution 1280 X 720; File Size 2.29 GB; Duration 52 Min 0.0 Sec; File Extension .mp4. I save the resulting file to on of my drives and then attempt to load it to Vimeo. Vimeo starts uploading, but never gets past 0% before quitting.

I have successfully used this method for years on previous versions of Premiere Elements without problems.

I have been using "Quick Export"  instead of "Online" > "Vimeo" because "Online" batches the encoding and uploading which forces me to start over if there is a problem with either.

After encountering this problem with Premiere Elements, I inquired about using Premiere Rush, but Adobe advised sharing was currently limited to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or Behance and they were working on adding Vimeo in the future.

Vimeo advised there were probably errors in the .mp4 file produced by "Quick Export" and provided a link to the free Handbrake app which I downloaded and installed. I have used Handbrake to recode several files for uploading to Vimeo. Vimeo has successfully uploaded each of these and done so much faster than ever before.

While I can continue to use Handbrake, Premiere Elements  should be able to continue doing what it did for years.

The reasons I am interested in Premiere Rush are as an alternative to Premiere Elements; its compatibility with Premiere Pro; and it's compatibility with iPhones.

Let me know if you require anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't know what you're doing, Binbashi, but there is no reason you should be having this issue.

Have you tried using the Export & Share/Devices/Computer 1920x1080 MP4 setting I suggested above? It will work -- and you definitely should not need to involve HandBrake in your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Binbashi,

I duplicated your procedure of ".. select "Export & Share", followed by "Quick Export". The "Quick Export Settings" on my last attempt were: Resolution 1280 X 720....."  There were no errors preventing upload in the file.

Steve's suggestion of 1920x1080 should be followed if for no other reason than the viewing quality should be better on most screens.

My Vimeo account and Vimeo uploader took the MP4 file with no problems.

Where did you get the Adobe advice? 

I enjoyed working on the Rush "beta" a little.  I was very limited because I have no iOS gear.  Doing a quick video on a PC worked but is far more limiting than Premiere Elements.  Until the Android version comes, I won't use it much.

Rush is a very new and very unique product.  It's key feature is that all your devices are connected online for editing.  Your footage goes to Adobe servers.  In other words, you can quickly get an iPhone shot video together for your YouTube channel fans.  To do the online connection feature, it is severely restricted in editing features.  For Vimeo, Rush has an option to output a local MP4 for uploading and sharing any conventional way you might want. 

In Premiere Pro you can open a Rush generated file as well as a Premiere Elements generated file.  Once into Premiere Pro, you can't go back to the original editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information,

On October 26, 2018, Ben Smith (UX Designer on Rush, Adobe DVA) responded: "We are hoping to expand our list of supported destinations with future releases."

I suspected there might be a problem with my installation of Adobe Premiere Elements 2019, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but I'm still having the same problem.

My PC (i7-5820K, ASUS A99A. 32 GB DDR4, GeForce GTX980, Win 10 Pro) is unchanged.

What do you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I tried the Export & Share > Devices > Computer > 1920 X 1080 MP4 setting that you recommended, but encountered the same problem. Again, I rendered the same file through Handbrake and it uploaded quickly without any problems.

Using another video, I tried Export & Share > Devices > Computer > HD 720 (1260 X 720) to produce a MP$ - H.264 file which I attempted to upload, but encountered the same problem. Again, the file uploaded after being rendered by Handbrake.

What do you suggest I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless I can duplicate the problem at my end, I'm not able to troubleshoot the issue. But, as I've said, I've never experienced the issue you're describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines