• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchased Premiere and Photoshop Elements 2022 PC but was sent MAC activation codes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just purchased Premiere and Photoshop Elements 2022 PC from Very.co.uk in the Black Friday sale. The adobe site accepted the acctivation code, but when I download the software from the link, I'm sent the Mac DMG files.

How do I get the link to the correct downloads?

Regards,

Simon

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

You can download the trial here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/free-trial.html

If you have the PC serial number, you can enter it in the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Thank you for the replies.

The retailer was useless (no email contact and phone system cutting off) but I did find a work around.

When I purchased, the retailer sent me an activation code and the serial numbers for photoshop and premiere. When I used the activation code on the Adobe site, it offered me two download buttons (one for photoshop and one for premiere), but these buttons linked to Mac .dmg files only.

Instead, I downloaded the PC trial versions and clicked the option to active. The se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum and there is nothing that can be done here.  

If it were me, I would go to the retailer and see if there is a solution.   It appears they sold you the wrong product.

If that does not work you can try an online chat with Adobe techs:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the trial here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/free-trial.html

If you have the PC serial number, you can enter it in the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact the vendor.

If you were given a Mac serial number too it wont work on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the replies.

The retailer was useless (no email contact and phone system cutting off) but I did find a work around.

When I purchased, the retailer sent me an activation code and the serial numbers for photoshop and premiere. When I used the activation code on the Adobe site, it offered me two download buttons (one for photoshop and one for premiere), but these buttons linked to Mac .dmg files only.

Instead, I downloaded the PC trial versions and clicked the option to active. The serial numbers I was sent did work and have now registered on my account as purchased products. So the activation code took me to the wrong page, but the serial numbers worked.

Hopefully this might help others that encounter the same problem. 

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very clever solution.  Thanks for posting you found a way to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For others who find this thread:

Here is a direct link to the latest downloads for 2022 and 2021 without going through the links to your Users Account. Both the Mac and PC versions are located here. Adobe Support sent me here while we were trying to solve an issue (successfully) on my Mac.

Premiere Elements Downloads Mac/Win 2021–2022 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines