• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random frames from other parts of the project timeline appearing in final export

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'd really appprieciate some help.

I've been using Premiere since 2014 so I'm familiar with the set up, but I've recently encountered a problem I can't solve.

Starting earlier this year, I've started to have a problem (with PE22) where my final export has started to contain random single frames. often several times in the timeline. The original files do not contain these additional frames. But when I export the final cut for the first time, the random frames 'sometimes' insert themselves on the timeline, and sometimes do not, but they always appear in the export.

The random frame isn't blank, but from one of the other clips. Usually, but not always from the clip before. I can go back and manually cut out the added frame, but it's becoming a pain with every video.

Tonight, I decided I had the solve the problem, so I did a fresh install of Premiere. However, I've finished my first project, and not only do I have several random frames (from other clips in the timeline), but they are not appearing in the timeline, but they are appearing in the final export. With them not appearing in the timelime, I can't even cut them out.

It's ruining my videos.

Has anyone experience the probem and found a solution?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all media cache and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for helping out.

I cleared the cache and did a fresh install, but I'm still getting the problem. I've tried exporting in with different custom settings as well, to try and identify where the problem is, but I get the same results every time. I also did a test with different raw footage and resolution and the same problem occured with the new export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original or source footage (please don't call it raw as that is totally something different) is this one file you cut up in the timeline or are they all short imported clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could likely have stray frames from your project on upper video tracks.

Zoom into a spot on your timeline where you're seeing these frames and look on your upper tracks. These little scraps are created when you improperly insert video clips onto your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you for trying to help.

In this case I'm only using video/Audio track 1, as it is a simple cut down of linear content. I haven't used any of the other tracks all all. I've double checked and there is nothing stray on any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the source footage is mutple files (MP4, 4K H.264, 25FPS), imported to native SSD from a camera. The files aren't that big and the overall project length is only 5 mintes. I've also tried different footage from my phone camera that worked perfectly fine in a project before. In both cases, I get tbetween 2 and 5 frame glitches in the final exported file.

The glich is the addtion of a single frame, most commonly from the file that proceeds in on the project timeline. ie, if the glitch in the final export is in the footage that was file 5 on the project timeline, then the single frame added to the final export is from file 4 on the project timeline. There does not seem to be a pattern as to how my times this happens or where it appears in the project as a whole. The project might contain 10 files, but the glitch only happens two or three times per export. If I start the whole project again, recut the timeline and export, glitches appear again, but not nessessarly in the same points.

Prior to my reinstallation of the PE22, the new glitch frame was added to the project timeline after the first export. So I would run through the timeline again and cut out the added frames. Since the re-installation, the export contains the glitches, but the project timeline does not show them.  

Things I've tried so far:

1. Re-encoded the footage in 3rd party software so that all files were identical in format

2. Cleared the cache in PE22

3. Fully reinstalled PE22, wiping all precious project folders and files.

4. Benchmarked the PC to check it was working fine (It's fine- i9, 32Gb ram, project files on native C: SSD)

5. Tried re-exporting using advanced options, such as frame blending.

6. Tried exporting with and without FX's.

7. Tested exporting the footage on a friends DaVinci Resolve, and it was fine.

I think its safe to rule out the original footage as problematic as:

1. It plays back fine, including in PE22 on the timeline or preview

2. I've tried using footage that exported fine previously and now it doesn't

3. The footage exports fine in 3rd party software

4. The glitches do not follow the file around if they are moved in the timeline.

On that last point, one thing I have noticed: If I spot a glitch in the export from what would be say, file 5 on the timeline, and then I move file 5 out of sequence, to say, in front of file 8, then re-export, the glitch dissapears. However, a new glitch will appear elsewhere, in a place where there was no glitch before. The glitch does not fall at a particular point in the timeline either. Its random every time.

Again, this points to  the source file being fine, but it's what PE22 is doing at export that is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these glitches appear at exactly the same spot every time you play the finished video? 

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline at the point where one of these glitches appear -- preferably zoomed in all the way?

It's nearly impossible to imagine that Premiere Elements is grabbing video from other sources when you're running Export & Share. Not entirely impossible -- but it's still more likely there's something on your timeline that's not obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced something like this a couple of times when adding / moving clips within the timeline failed to "snap" to the end / beginning of another clip.  Once this started within a project I could not stop it.

One symptom was that it was not possible to place a transition centered around the intended two clips - due to a mini clip being inbetween.

The only way I got around this issue was to zoom all the way into the offending areas & then the mini clip was visible & could be deleted with "close gap".

New projects were OK again.  This was all with PE 2021 which I continue to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I suspect is happening, Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike!

Hotelechomike are my initals in the ICAO or NATO phonetic alphabet, so Mike represents my surname:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a former Military Policeman, I know the phonetic alphabet well! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnak you for trying to help out everyone.

The good news is, I'm now fixed. The only problem is I'm not 100% sure what caused it. I was trying different things at the same time so I'm not sure what 'worked'.

Prevously, I'd always drop my footage in and let PE set the project settings. My footage is generally PAL 25FPS.

PAL 25FPS 4K seems to have been pushed into the second tier of options since PE20 (I have not idea why as it's very popular).

This time, I forced a setting on a new project, from the only option I could get, PAL, Red Camera 25FPS 4K. Its now working fine.

If I find anyhting else that affected the glitch I'll come back to let everyone know.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar problem! After doing a bunch of manual stabilization to my video, I've started noticing random frames that have been inserted out of order. It will insert the previous frame randomly, and it’s done it about ten times that I've found now, and I'm a little baffled as to why it would have done this. Very inconvenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines