Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Screen on Premiere Elements 18

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have just upgraded from Premiere Elements 14 to 18 becuase I bought a new camera (Panasonic Lumix G80/85). So I'm now recording video in 4k but I keep getting a red screen when editing video footage. Never used to get this using Elements 14, maybe because I'm now recording in 4k. There's is some mention of Unchecking "Enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding" in Premiere Pro preferences but this option doesn't appear to be avaialble in Premiere Elements. I have checked I have my latest graphics driver (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600) and beyond that I'm lost. Has anybody else experienced this and found a fix? Would be most grateful as Adobe support don't work on Sundays, understandably.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

I shoot 4K with a Panasonic GX8 and have no trouble editing it in Premiere Elements 2018.  It also worked with Premiere Elements 13!

In Premiere Elements there is a check box for hardware acceleration.  Go to Edit > Preferences > General. 

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot 4K with a Panasonic GX8 and have no trouble editing it in Premiere Elements 2018.  It also worked with Premiere Elements 13!

In Premiere Elements there is a check box for hardware acceleration.  Go to Edit > Preferences > General. 

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked, thank you :-). Much appreciated. I'm left with a stuttering preview but I think that might be more to do with the fact my PC is 3 years old and maybe not up to the task of editing 4k video footage. Good to get rid of the red screen though. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines