• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing or replacing word (spoken text)

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Element Premiere Elements 13, have a video (MP4) of which video is fine but there are at 2 different spots 1 word I want to mute or replace with a beep. Can I do that with this application and if so, how?

TOPICS
Audio , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hold down Alt and select audio

Hit scissors : will cut just the audio

Move playhead and cut again.

Select small audio clip and delete.

Video will be untouched.

Will look something like this:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can it is not hard.  

You can cut the clip where you want the sound, unlink the audio from the video and replace the audio part with whatever sound you want.

There several other ways that may work for you too.  Another is to but the sound on a track above the primary and use keyframes to lower the volume in the primary track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast response and good tips, I'm going to try them later today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, more tricky than I thought when I read your help. Bare in mind that I'm a very unexperienced user 😉 so probably I just lack some basic knowledge. This is what I did :

1. moved to the exact spot where the word that I want muted started to be spoken

2. click on the scissor to cut the MP4 file there

3. having selected the part after the cut, I selected 'disconnect audio and video' from the context menu

4. I dragged the small silence.wav I copied into both the Audio 2 and Audio 3 track so I can drag it down to the Audio 1 track at the spot as mentioned @ 1

5. At this point it doesn't want to do what I need it to do (keep or remerge the 2 videoparts and put underneath :

a. the audiopart up to spot @1

b. the mute part

c. the remainder of the original audio track but I first need to delete the tiny part where that word gets said.

I think I'm doing something wrong at step 5, but have tried several things but cannot figure it out and result into a normal video with spoken words, except that one word.

Once I figure out what I did wrong I can correct that and repeat that for the second spot where the word (it's a name by the way) gets spoken.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong Bill?

I will clip in a screenshot (I'm Dutch so the screentext is also Dutch)

Thanks

Cortestfile.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down Alt and select audio

Hit scissors : will cut just the audio

Move playhead and cut again.

Select small audio clip and delete.

Video will be untouched.

Will look something like this:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann!  You showed me something new to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I forgot:

Add the Beep or whatever, add Constant Gain over cuts, drag them somewhat towards original audio.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines