• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize photo to use as backdrop in Premiere Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After filming in a studio using green sheet, I used Chroma keying in Premiere Elements 2018. I had to use a photograph supplied by the team but the photo is 4:3 and when viewing the video clip, it shows thick black strips on the left and right hand side. How do I resize the photo?

Thanks in anticipation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing is process of changing the number of bits in the file.

Cropping is changing the shape.   A direct change of 4:3 to 16:9 will distort the image.  You will have to "crop" or "enlarge" the part of the image you want to keep.

Many will use a photo editor to do the cropping to a new "frame ratio".

It can be done in PrE.  Select the image and then click on the preview window.  Corners will get dots that you can grab to stretch the image to fill the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You suggested that it can be done in PrE (select the image and then click on the preview window; corners will get dots that you can grab to stretch the image to fill the frame). However, if I clicked the image the blue dots in the monitor panel are related to the video clip not the image. It doesn't seem possible to get the blue dots for the image because the video clip is over the top of the image which has black strips down each side. The only way I can do it is to move or shrink the video clip to access the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Maybe a screen shot would help.

On the chance I do understand, try reversing clip and image from Video 1 and Video 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot attached. When I click the image in the timeline I then click the Monitor Panel the blue dots appear but they are for the video not the image and in the timeline the video becomes highlighted. I understand reversing clip and image from V1 and V2 but in my next project I have several images and clips as well as titles it will just be too tedious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot didn't show up. 

I'm pretty sure I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Sorry!

Remember that in video editing, you "see" the result from the top down.  If you are working with a background image, it has to be on the bottom.  Perhaps Video 2 should be your primary track. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore the last question, I will post it in Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the attachment from my email not from this forum as it doesn't seem possible to attach a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To capture, press "print screen" or "prt sc".  That puts it on your "clipboard".  Then on this forum, pressing CTRL+V will insert what is on your clipboard into the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resize your background photo to 1920x1080 pixels.

Your photo is likely more square than your video frame, so you'll need to crop off a bit of the top and bottom to get this size -- but then the picture will perfectly fill the video frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines