• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTX 3080TI GPU and Premiere Elements 2022

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when we can expect RTX 3080TI GPU Acceleratation compatablitity for Premiere Elements 2022?  The 3070TI and 3080 and 3090 are all supported.  3080TI not being supported kinda blew my mind when I loaded up Primiere Elements 2022 for the first time on my newly built PC!

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message split off from a discussion of v2020 and given a new title

Do NOT add a v2022 question to the end of a v2020 discussion... Moderator

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add the card to the list yourself.

go to: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\20.0\Online\Hw Acc Render\All_Lang\HW\Files\allowlisted_cards.txt:

and add your card like this:

NVIDIA#NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!!  Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A follow-up:

Actually this does not appear to help at all unless I'm doing something wrong.

Although the settings dialog box now acknowledges my RTX-3080 TI, and says that it is supported, when I actually go to attempt a render for a typical H.264 MP4, the Hardware Accelleration dialog there is grayed out and it says that Hardware Encoding is not available on my system. 

I'm looking at my system as it's doing a render and I can confirm the my 3080 TI is doing no work, it's all CPU.

Any other thoughts?

NVIDIA RTX-3080TI Founders Edition...  Really not THAT new right?  Why does this one card out of the 30 series lineage seem to be left out here?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have issue with adding this text line in this txt file. I can't find it in my system - searching deeply but still nothing. OS is Windows 10. My configuration: i9-10900K + RTX 3080Ti - APP 2023. What's very interesting I still on computer have APP 2022 and try to export my old footage (which earleir was export on RTX2080Ti) and there is no problem with computing (using GPU to export movie) on RTX3080Ti, so i suposed there is some issue with version of APP 2023.
I can't open project made in 2023 version on 2022 version (don't know why) to try export on it. Any leads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open project made in 2023 version on 2022 version (don't know why) to try export on it. Any leads?

By @Łukasz30520422xatr

Correct, not possible.

3080ti does it show as supported within the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I check it?
While exporting I can choose to hardware encoding so I supposed it is supported - as I write before there is no problem with exporting in 2022 version on RTX3080Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an intel CPU with Media SDK then yes you will have hardware encoding.

As for the NVIDIA card: project settings > general, but this card is not used for exporting, only to accelerate the supported effects on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, below some screenshots of my sets. About using this card (3080Ti) for exporting I see significant difference between version 2022 and 2023 for plus to ver. 2022 - when I check % of using gpu and cpu in ver.2023 there is almost 100% used on CPU, and GPU do therotically nothing. This suprise me most, becasue in ver.2022 there is more GPU used then CPU while exporting and program need much less time to do jobs done. It is true then APP do not support this card (3080Ti)?

Clipboard01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You kind of set me on the wrong foot.

You are using Premiere Pro and posted in the ELEMENTS forum!!!!!!!!!!!

console screenshot deleted. Not allowed!! Its an engineers tool not a users tool.

Pro works differently from Elements hence the confusing answers.

Post your question in the Pro forum.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, sorry for wrong topic ;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A follow-up:

Actually this does not appear to help at all unless I'm doing something wrong.

Although the settings dialog box now acknowledges my RTX-3080 TI, and says that it is supported, when I actually go to attempt a render for a typical H.264 MP4, the Hardware Accelleration dialog there is grayed out and it says that Hardware Encoding is not available on my system. 

I'm looking at my system as it's doing a render and I can confirm the my 3080 TI is doing no work, it's all CPU.

Any other thoughts?

NVIDIA RTX-3080TI Founders Edition...  Really not THAT new right?  Why does this one card out of the 30 series lineage seem to be left out here?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK: The cards only accelerats effects in the timeline, no hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy 

Hardware Encoding feature is only available if an Intel® CPU with Intel Media SDK support is used. Please go through https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/gpu-accelerated-rendering---hardware-encoding.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur! I have just upgraded and found a very cold and bored GPU when renedering 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines