• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share to disc freezes program (Win10 PrE-2021) SOLVED

Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed version 2021 a few days ago and after watching some tutorial videos (entire series starting at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG18DktkToI  plus a few others I found) I started - OS is Windows 10 version 202H

Switch to Expert mode to enter my custom settings for editing

-Click Edit-Preferences-General

--In Media I changed the location to my temp drive, E:\Adobe
--In ScratchDisks I changed each location to my temp drive, E:\Adobe

Click File-New Project give it a name, and select Browse to go to E:\Adobe

Add a few video files using the files option, add them to the timeline

-project changes to AVCHD 720p to match my 1280x720 30fps video

Put transition between each clip and play... all works well

Share to computer file... all works well

Share to disc... asked yes/no for menu... select no... program freezes

-after a couple minutes, a message "not responding" so have to quit program

When I installed the trial via download I was able to burn to disc, so I know my computer is capable... when I ordered the disc from Amazon I un-installed the trial to be able to install from the disc

How do I troubleshoot & fix not being able to share to disc?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Burning to a disk involves the operating system and its drivers.  (I'm sure you already know that.)  Since that can get tricky, my choice would be to start and online chat with Adobe techs and see how they figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Burning to a disk involves the operating system and its drivers

Hmm... to get ready for the 'real' program, to see if a driver update would make the program use my card for gpu acceleration, I updated my nvidia driver to the current version... which MAY have been a mistake for my 7 year old card... I'm going to have to check nvidia for an older driver to see if that fixes the problem

ADDED

Current nvidia driver is 457.30 oldest at nvidia is 445.87 dated April 2020

I'm going to dig out the disc that came with my card and install from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial program had worked to burn a DVD... with, of course, the trial notice on the video
To get ready for the 'real' program I UN-stalled the trial... and I also updated my nvidia
driver to the latest 457.30 version, which was a BIG mistake for my card from 2013
After I installed from the PrE-2021 disc I bought from Amazon I did some testing
Adding video & transistion to my timeline worked
Sharing to a computer file worked
Sharing to disc froze the program, and it evenually displayed a not responding message
I UN-installed the nvidia driver 457.30 and installed 331.82 from the MSI disc
-the oldest driver at the nvidia site was 445.87 from April 2020 so I skipped that
After installing the original 331.82 driver I did some more testing
THIS time clicking to share to disc worked, and I was able to create an ISO file
So... my MSI GTX760 card from 2013 is not fully compatible with the newest nvidia driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never considered that the GPU driver would effect disk burning.  That does not make sense to me at all.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, even with my card not being supported for gpu acceleration, there was clearly SOMETHING about the latest nvidia driver that PrE-2021 did not like... but at least going back to the driver from when I bought the card now lets the program work to create a DVD ISO... I'll do more testing later, right now I'm building a storage cabinet for my wife to go in her dressing room

And, going WAY back to when I first started using Premiere 6 (P3 Alienware Roswell Jan 2002 with the OLD program, not CS6) it also had an nvidia card... and it would work with exactly ONE version of the video driver... nothing older OR newer would work... so I will just say that nvidia's history of driver "glitches" still goes on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

".....I will just say that nvidia's history of driver "glitches" still goes on..."

I've been using Premiere Elements since version 9, or about 10 years.  I started learning and using Premier Pro about a year ago. I've gone through three Windows comuters, two with Nvidia GPUs.   I've not personally had any Nvidia issues.   Actually, I've not had any issues worth remembering at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I've not had any issues worth remembering at all!

I had to smile at that... I'm 73 and my memory is beginning to look like swiss cheese... if it wasn't for the notes I write about what I do with my computer, I would be lost when I needed to consider something old (in this case old is 2002 and a prebuilt computer)

I agree with you... I don't understand how sharing to disc would kill the program with a current nvidia driver but not when using the driver from 2013 that came with the card... except it is very clear that nvidia did "something" that did not agree with my 7 year old card, and that "something" caused the part of the program that is used to create a DVD to lock the program and force me to close the program due to the "not responding" message

Oh well... cabinet is built and put in place, so tomorrow I'll go back to program testing (too tired now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>notes I write about what I do with my computer

The nvidia control panel wasn't acting the way I liked after installing from the original disc, so I dug into my notes and found that the version I had before updating was 432.00 which I discovered while searching was a special version that had been 'tweaked' by Microsoft to work best with Windows... and which was not available anywhere, not even at Microsoft, since it had been included with a Windows update and was not available as a separate download

So I copied all of my drive C data files to a backup, and did a full restore from the backup I had made before updating my nvidia driver

I am now back to nvidia 432.00 and everything works the way I want

The product I bought and use is at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-linux.htm
Note that I get NO benefit if you buy the program, I only use it and like what it does
Image runs off of a bootable CD via Linux (the Zip you download includes a program to make the bootable CD) and it reads EVERYTHING on the drive, even the hidden registration information, so everything is restored when needed... and you may not only restore the image over a messed up install, you may restore to a brand new drive in case of a hardware crash, and not have to re-install anything (my version 2x DOES require me to restore to a same size drive... I think the current 3x Image program allows restoring to a larger/smaller drive, but check with the vendor to verify)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines