• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I upgrade to Premiere Elements 2022?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I know this is going to be a very broad question, but I'm currently using Adobe Premiere Elements 15 (2017) as my go-to video editing tool and have been since 2017. I don't do video-editing professionally or anything, or use it as a way to make money (at least not yet...) I use it for editing home-videos and a few times a year I'll edit some video-game footage I've captured together and upload it to YouTube. Aside from the occasional crashing and glitches, Adobe Premiere Elements 15 has worked wonderfully for me for the past 4 years. But to all of the pros out there, knowing what I mainly use it for, would it really "benefit" me to upgrade to Adobe Premiere Elements 2022, or should I just save my $100 and keep what I have? Thanks for your inputs!!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>occasional crashing and glitches

Do you know why?

What is your hardware and operating system?

Is your computer new enough to run v2022?

I have zero problems with v2021

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, currently at version 21H1 - Premiere Elements 2021.3
Intel i9-10900k CPU in ASUS-Prime-Z490-P motherboard with 64Gig TEAMGROUP-3200MHz Ram
Seagate-FireCuda 500Gig M.2 for Windows and programs and usual Documents files
500Gig SSD for temporary and output files, 1T SSD for video and picture input files
Video MSI GeForce GTX 1650 128 Bit Graphics 4Gig GDDR6 Ram driver 456.71
850 watt power supply (see https://www.newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator/)
Full tower case & CPU cooler & DVD writer & extra case fan & monitor & keyboard/mouse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently bought a new Gaming PC, which is mainly why I asked the question to see if I should continue using what I have or if I should consider upgrading. My new PC is definitely way overkill for v2022! I don't remember what the System Requirements of v15 was, but I know it at least met minimum of my old PC or I wouldn't of bought it, but I am getting a pretty major upgrade in the PC department... Also, Adobe products crashing is not a really uncommon thing... heck even people like Linus Tech Tips have talked about it on YouTube before, and while in college I had the same issues with Premiere Pro using their machines which were like $10,000 rigs... And it's not like it was often. Just occasioanly Elements 15 would get hung up and then you'd be required to force close it... or some small glitches like it sometimes it wouldn't export correctly and you'd have to do it again, things like that... small stuff... I can handle the minor bugs (otherwise I would be using something other than Adobe) I was mainly wondering what the benefits would be of upgrading to the latest version and if it would be worth if given my limited use of the software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your Gaming PC, there may be a difference.  I use a Lenevo Legion gaming PC.   

Premiere Elements has a select list of supported GPUs for versions 2021 and 2022.   If your new gamer has one of those GPUs, Premiere Elements can use it where version 15 can't.  

How much improvement in speed is hard to measure.  I know using the GPU is and advantage, but I can't put it in hard numbers.  Most of my videos are short enough that processing improvements would be measured with a few minute improvement.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the info. I did download Premiere Elements 15 and it opened just fine, no errors or anything. But I haven't actually tried editing anything with it yet...

My new PC has the following specs -

Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

16 GB DDR4 RAM

516 GB SSD (came with system) + 6 TB 7200 RPM HDD (bought & installed after purchasing computer)

Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB VRAM

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G (8-core) 3.8 GHz (4.6 GHz Boost)

My Old PC had the following specs -

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

16 GB DDR4 RAM

215 GB SSD + 1 TB Internal HDD (+ 4 TB External HDD)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB VRAM

Intel 6th gen i-7 (4-core) 2.6 Ghz (3.5 Ghz Boost)

DVD Reader & Burner

Rendering time on my old PC was about 3/4 of what the video length was. So for example if I was rendering a video that was 20 minutes long, it would take roughly 15 minutes export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Premiere Elements 15 has worked wonderfully for me for the past 4 years."

Stick with it until you see a feature that is valuable enough for you to spend the $100.   All the basic editing tools are the same.  There is some added support for newer cameras (like iPhones) and some fun guided edits.   There are some new project aspect ratios for social media formats. 

Download the trial and see for your self.  You can even buy it (direct from Adobe), with a 30 day refund policy.  

Installing the new version does not effect the old version.  They run separately.   Don't open projects started in one in the other.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank You for the information!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines