• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshow cutting off photos

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am not a graphics professional, but have edited photos and created content for more than 20 years using Adobe's older free products. I stepped up to Premiere Elements, Photoshop and Organizer 2020 last year to scan old photos and create a family history wall. I am able to crop and finetune photos easily. I have been trying to create a slideshow in Organizer. First, the themes provided with the program are limited. Is there an online source for more? Second, about a third of the photos are trimmed back radically, and cut heads off below the shoulders. I have spent three weeks looking for a fix, but have not discovered a setting or fix. These products are great and more powerful than I can fully use. I am so frustrated I am planning to drop my subscription and move to something that is easier to use. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about your question.   First, the Elements programs are not subscription based.  You have a perpetual license to use them.  If you have an Adobe subscription, it is for other Adobe programs.  

There are no additonal "third party" themes.   

Would you please post a "screen shot" of the cutoff heads?   Are you using Premiere Elements to work with your slide show or just Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I apologize for my confusion on a subscription. I pay yearly for Adobe Acrobat DC, and purchased Premiere Elements and Photoshop last year. I presumed that was also a yearly fee.

So, onto my challenge. I am trying to fix three slides out of about 60. I created the slideshow and am working in Organizer. I hve opened the slideshow in Premiere Elements and run the slideshow in the video editing screen. I have previously edited MP4 clips in Premiere but am mystified as to if or how I could edit and fix the errant slides. Here are the three slides. These are 5x7 landscape. There are many other simliarly sized photos that transition and display correctly. I am using the Woods theme. The artifacts in each screen are from the transition having already started. Thank you for any help you can provide.

GaryinMichigan_0-1645544668652.png

GaryinMichigan_1-1645544697465.png

GaryinMichigan_2-1645544725763.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What appears to be going on may be starting with your scanning.   The default goals of "slideshow" and video processing default to a 16:9 format because that's what are screens usually are.   So when you put a 5:7 format into the 16:9 frame, I think the Organizer software is making the crops you don't want.   Can you edit the scans so that they fit the frame better?  Often you have to have "black bars" showing if you need all of the image with no cropping. 

When I do slideshows, I put all the image files in Premiere Elements skipping any automated processing in organizer.  It gives me more control.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines