• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Trim and Auto Analyze make no progress.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

When I start either Smart Trim or Auto Analyze, the progress window pops up, but nothing happens.

I've tried different video formats, re-installing software, adding codecs, but nothing seems to help.

Maybe something simple I am not enabling/disabling?  GPU?

There is no debug information that I can find either.

Windows 11, Premiere 2021, Dell XPS laptop with Nvidia GTX 1650 GPU.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you've got plenty of room on your hard drive (100+ gigs) I'd first go to the nVidia site and download the latest driver for my GPU rather than let Windows provide it. You'd be surprised how many problems this fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve.

Updated to latest Studio Driver for my GPU.

Same behavior.

One other thing I noticed in smart-trim is that I can only select presets for "People|Action|Mix" and the slider is non-functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is definitely not right somewhere. That's not typical behavior, and it's certainly nothing like I've experienced.

Unfortunately, I don't know what would cause that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you ever good a resolution to your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  All drivers and software is up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you all have at least 100 gigabytes of free space on your hard drive and the video you are working with is from a standard AVCHD camcorder?

There are many factors involved. Don't assume you're all dealing with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have 600 GB of free space.  My video is h264 mp4 shot from my DJI Drone.  I imported the footage from the drone, then exported it in Premiere's native XAVC-S format.  Then I started a new project and imported the XAVC-S file.  I still get the auto-analyzer failure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines