• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storage Help for my Two Hour Video!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know how most of the things that are filling up my computer storage are the videos and photos of my Adobe Premiere Project right? And how if I delete it, Adobe Premiere Elements 9 will need to look for that specific video/photo? Well, I have copy/moved all the videos and photos that are related to my project from the original computer storage ( Local disk ), to the removable hard drive I have that can hold a LOT of storage. Now, my question is, if there is any way for Adobe Premiere Elements 9 to read, get, and use all the photo and video information from the hard drive instead of the Local Disk so it can be used in the project? If this happens, then I can delete the videos and photos that are from the local disk which can free up a lot of space while the  copied photos and videos that are in the hard drive are being used for Adobe Premiere Elements 9. Please reply and ask me questions if you are confused, I am trying to explain it the best that I can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can move your project file to your external drive and then re-connect it to your media's new location.

It just may not work as fast as it did when all of the media was on your hard drive. External USB connections aren't as fast as internal SATA connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, what do you mean my "media's new location"? I am a little bit confused by that.

Also I don't know what SATA connections are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SATA connections are the connections that connect your computer's internal drives to your motherboard.

As for your media's new location -- Didn't you say you moved all your media to an external drive? That's a new location, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah. Okay I get it now. So, if I move my project from my computer hard drive to my external hard drive, then It will read the media from the external hard drive as well? And what do you mean that "it might not work as well"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Windows, make sure to use Disk Management to assign a permanent drive letter to the external drive so that Premiere Elements always knows where the files are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG Is this the one??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it and see. As I said above, external connections are not as fast as internal connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move my project file into my external hard drive, it copies it instead of actually moving it directly. Should I delete the one from the computer and keep the copied one from my hard drive OR keep them both? This goes for my media as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thevideomaker1234  wrote

Should I delete the one from the computer and keep the copied one from my hard drive OR keep them both?

You only need one of them (plus a backup on a different drive is recommended).

Can you tell me how to do Disk Management?

See here:

how+to+assign+drive+letter+disk+management+windows+7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link did not help me. It just led me to a Google search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thevideomaker1234  wrote

That link did not help me. It just led me to a Google search.

Click on the links in the search .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I followed what it showed, now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thevideomaker1234  wrote

... now what?

How far did you get and what happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed what it said. I went to my computer management and found the disk management. Now I don't know what to do. Since Peru Bob said, "If you are using Windows, make sure to use Disk Management to assign a permanent drive letter to the external drive so that Premiere Elements always knows where the files are.", I don't know how to do that. Again, here is what I saw on my screen.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rch.png

and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths

Then click Change and choose a drive letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I did it. ..... Would this permanently change the way I download things and how the computer will run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer should run the same.  But, the drive letter should permanently keep it's name.  If not, rename it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But, the drive letter should permanently keep it's name.  If not, rename it again."

What name are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thevideomaker1234  wrote

What name are you talking about?

The drive letter. For example:  F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny how I have been waiting for a response yet no one has given me one yet. I thought you are supposed to help people? I have been stuck on this for over a month now!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user forum of volunteer users trying to help other users.  There is no paid, expert staff here.  

That said, I've read, re-read and studied this series.  Short of moving in next to you and your computer, I'm at a total loss.   Bob's efforts have been clear and concise. 

I think you may need to go to a computer repair service.  Your questions are operating system issues more than video editing issues.

Please have both good luck and success getting your computer fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to do Disk Management? I am using Windows 7 by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Okay. But what if I want to change it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines