• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring Premier Elements 14 to a better computer

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though I admit I have a somewhat dense project, ie, with mult tracks (about 7), I find that the program often freezes or downright just closes on me. For this reason, I save my results frequently. When I tried to "render" last nite because of freezing in some clips that I had just inserted,  it took a few seconds. However, almost every other time I've tried this, it takes at least 30 minutes!

I'm using a Windows Dell i5, and it says it has "6GB (2.99 usable)" 32 bit OS.... However, for when going away for work, I have a laptop which is newer and has 8GB of RAM, is an i7, and has a 64 bit processor. Though I like using my desktop more, I would start using this faster laptop if I thought it would handle this Adobe program more fluidly. Can anyone tell me how I can access the original download info it would take to add this program to this other computer? Or maybe there is something else I could do to improve performance of the computer I'm using now?

Thanks.

LNovik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your existing computer it depend on where the "bottle neck" is.  It might be the i5 CPU.  It might be the speed of the HDD.  You might consider installing a SSD if there is space.  The idea is that if you put the project, scratch files and all the assets on the SSD the faster read and write speeds improve video editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. DO you think I could just get an external SSD? I wouldn't really know how to tell if there is enough space inside my box. Also, if I  DID get an external SSD--assuming that is something that is available--would you be able to rec a good one?

Any other input out there about putting my existing Adobe program on to my work computer. I really have almost nothing on the hard drive, since  I mainly use it to connect  with my business software. Since it is more  modern--and has the specs that I mentioned-it might be more capable.

Thanks.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

larryn58205743  wrote

OK. DO you think I could just get an external SSD? .....

No.  The "bottle neck" becomes the connection to that external.  To have a positive effect on editing, the SSD needs to be on the higher speed internal bus.  In fact, using an external SSD will probably slow everything down!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. That's clear. While searching this subject, I recently came across something saying that Adobe allows 2 downloads--ie, to 2 different computers. Since I have only ever downloaded to my present one, I will now download it to my newer, faster laptop. I'll see if that improves my workflow. If not, I'll have to get someone to help me look into my computer to see if it has the slot for this SSD.

Thanks for your input.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines