• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version 2022 problems!!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was offered this trial version by Adobe but so far I am not happy at all, also because the Costumer servic is rubbish so I am ever closer to the 30 days limit and haven't so far been able to really test it! Not sure at all I trust this company anymore! I use it on a Mac Pro Catalina.

- If I select a clip it still jumps to video 1, which I was hoping it wouldn't! Is there are away to prevent it? I am forever trying to go back to the clip I am working onand if I forget then video 1 gets changed whithout me noticing it! 

- A huge problem is that although I have downloaded the recorded sound (I am making a video clip), and the clips I can sync them because the sound of each clip does not download automatically, which is did before. A big black band on the face does will not help the sync either. They give one 30 days to try it out, but then one should be able to work on a real video, and not waste one's time!

- When you apply an effect the window seeems to immediatly close, which is a real bother

On the plus side one does not need to be permanently rendering, which was awfully time consuming, but then again, we are talking about Adobe, so why 2012 and 2018 were such bad versions, I don't know! If it wasn't the fact that I started to learn video editing with this software I wouldn't even bother to look at it again! Now I am curious as to whether this version had maybe managed to solve some of the old problems! Thanks...........

TOPICS
FAQ , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial version of 2022. Dont you mean 2023?

You cannot buy 2022 anymore from Adobe.

If you do not buy the software you cannot export your video clip without a big watermark across the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Ann! It is the PRE 2022, that is what they sent me. Some companies do allow one to try a version fully for 30 days. The problem is that if you are synchronizing you surely need to see the mouth moving in order to know that it all is OK? But worse than tthat is that for some reason the sound of the clips doesn't appear, only the original, recorded version, which I put on the sound track, meaning.... I can't try to synchronize the clips at all and see how it works. The costumer service, I have to say, are quite useless, I find. I am about to give up on it all and I think that I will try to come to terms with my husband's Final Cut Pro. But before I do that I thought that I would post my questions here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the 2023 version and do you like it? Are the bugs of the 2018 version gone? I actually thought that the 2023 version was not out yet! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the 2023 version and do you like it? Are the bugs of the 2018 version gone? I actually thought that the 2023 version was not out yet! 

By @Francisca57

I have the 2023 version and like it.  It runs well on my computer and all the features I use regularly are there.  It is the only version you can trial or buy from Adobe since October.  I can't answer to the "bugs of the 2018 version" because I don't know what they were.   With the apparent goal of streamlining the product for wider appeal, Adobe has removed some features in this version.   For examples, disk burning is not longer there and some of the effects and transitions are gone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, thanks for your reply. When they sent the link to me they said: 

Download PRE 2022 using this link and install as a trial. But I have now opened the link again (my husband downloaded it), and I see that therer is a a link to download the 2023 version on the top and a 2022 under that one. The bugs were, for example, the fact that if you would put in two transitions, the first one would work, but in order to see the effect of the second one you would have to spend a long time rendering the video, which made it almost impossible to try out different transitions. Also the fact that you were working on video 2, but every time it would jump to one, making the whole process very tiring and one would eventually make mistakes, but that is the case in this trial version too, which is not a good thing. I did prefer tthe filters in this software, compared with the much more professional Final Cut Pro, which is much more difficult to use, as if they added features over a longer period of time but never organized anything, and for a beginner like me that is very confusing.

We don't need to burn anything to a disk, so that doesn't matter but I find taking away useful features like transitions and effects to "streamline" the software rather odd.... you would think that if they want to appeal to more people they would have more, not less? Someething I missed in the transition department was for example was a Zoom out option. You don't always want to zoom in? Or when a transition turns one way, to have the option to turn the other way too. That said, we are almost surre that the version they sent, as you can see by their message, is the 2022 version. Not being able to talk to them anymore is a real bother. They didn't seem to speak much English either............ I thought that Adobe was such a huge company! But glad to hear that you like thee 2023 version. Do you ever make music videos? Right now, our main problem is not being able to make the sound on the clips appear under the clip, which makes it impossible to synchronize them! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my cup is at least half full if not more!  I've never had to preview render to see transitions.  I've never had jumping from one video track to another.  I'm not sure what a "music video" is, but I routinely use public domain music tracks for wildlife and travel videos.  I've never had trouble using any of the audio tracks.  However, depending on the project, I might move my primary video and audio up a track so that there is an additional audio track below.   I don't use the Voice track and only use the Music track for music generated by Premiere Elements. 

In the world of software, Adobe Premiere Elements is, in comparison, inexpensive.  The world has changed in that no company pays full time people to talk to us on the phone as a first level of support.  Instead, there are forums like this one and chat sessions where you type to communicate.   

Regarding English, Adobe is a worldwide company.  Like their other products, Premiere Elements can be installed in many languages.  And, Adobe's CEO was born in India! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Bill. A music video is a video that goes with a song (I am a singer, and I post videos on YouTube). If I may ask, is the 2023 version, the first Première Elementts you have tried? Our 2018 really had a lot of problems, reason why my husband ended up buying the Final Cut Pro. If you are making a video where someone sings a song, you have to synchronize the recording, with the movements of the mouth, so you download your video and the images appear in video, let's say 1, and under it the sound track appears, but so far no luck. That worked well in the 2018 version. Without that it is nearly impossible to sync a video. 

I was communicating with Adobe through e-mail, but they wouldn't read the e-mails, would ask over and over again what type of operating system I had but just a short question every day, with complete disregard for the fact that I have only 30 days to try out the software. It is very difficult to communicate with someone if they don't speak the language well enough. I am not British myself, and English is my third language, but if I didn't have enough skills I would probably not be hired to do such a job, no matter where the CEO was born, I suppose? I am at a loss of what to do. In the meanwhile we have discovered why we can't download the 2023 version and therefore have the 2022, our operating system is not what they require and our computer 1 year too old to install the new one. All ways to make us dish out ever more money, I suppose? New operating system for new software, then our old software doesn't work anymore.... like a snow ball! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Premiere Elements since version 9, so about a dozen years.  

It is not a regular thing for me, but I have made recordings of a duet doing a classical music piece where it was preferable to get the audio on a quality recording device and sync with the video camera track.  Premiere Elements does it poorly and Premiere Pro does it very well.   I suspect that Final Cut Pro has similar syncing tools.  Why are you not using that editing system?

If I were trying to sync audio in Premiere Elements, I would make Video track 2 or higher primary.  Then there is room for audio tracks below it. 

Based on what you say is the age of your system, that it won't automatically sync audio and other problems you are having, I encourage you search for something more suitable to your work.   

I would love to see your YouTube channel!  What is the name or can you offer a link?  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Bill, I am not using Final Cut Pro because my husband feels that to start with Premiere Elements was a much better platform to learn and indeed, I used it for my first music video and it was not too complicated, only all the bugs were a huge bother. Did you ever use the 2018? All the problems I have already talked about, I also found that the options for texts, for example, were not great, as you can't put the lines closer together, or the letters, and it is not easy to place a text in another place. On 2018 the original track, recorded during filming appeared right below the images. The problem is not about automatically sync, because with sound recorded outside that is usually not possible, as there is too much background noise, so I would happily (or almost, hahahaha), do it myself, but the sound does not appear at all! Trial version 2022 did install, 2023 not. 

Thanks for asking for the link of my YouTube Channel and of course here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/c/FranciscaRigaud. The first video you see is the one I edited using the 2028 version, all the others were edited by my husband and I was only the "art director"! I am a crossover singer, who started to sing at the age of 58.

Thanks for all your advice......... Francisca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - If you have a channel too I would love to subscribe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I need some advice if you don't mind.......... I have now installed the 2023 trial version, in order to have a look at it. It couldn't be installed in the Mac computer, so I installed it in one running on Windows 10. It is a powerful machine but the software seems to run so very slow........... I was hardly able to work with it. Any ideas? Again, it would have been useful to speak to their technicians! If I hadn't made the first video in the 2018 I wouldn't have bothered at all. I did like some of the effects on this one............... but I need it to work! Also converting all the sound files even on short clips, which worked perfectly well in the 2018 version and 2012, is a huge amount of work. No idea why they don't show at all in the 2022 version and the 2023 puts each clip on all tracks, messing everrything up! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote and the 2023 puts each clip on all tracks, messing everrything up! 

By @Francisca57

Now I think I understand: elements is putting the audio of a MTS file in 5 different tracks.

If so, Adobe has never managed to fix this and probably never will.

Is this what you are seeing?

bxd7kywo3ayt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, many thanks Ann! We never had this prroblem on the 2018 version.................. I am about to give up and will just have to learrn to work with Final Cut Pro. 2023 on Windows 10 is so awfully slow and rendering a true nightmare. We can't insttall it on our bit older Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in fact you are shooting with a camcorder that records 5.1 audio in a .MTS file, Ann is right.  My first video camera was a Pansonic with specs that included "AVCHD", 1920x1080p60 and Dolby 5.1 audio.  Premiere Elements version 9 worked with it.  Somewhere around 2020 it stopped working.   It didn't bother me because I had moved on to 4K/H.264 in MP4 containers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks........... yes, I think that we have a Panasonic and indeed had no problems at all with the 2018 version. Everything changes so fast nowadays, all aimed at making us waste a lot of money while what we have now is perfectly OK! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look at differently.  With Premiere Elements, Adobe provides a trial period for you to see if it works for you.  Then, after you buy it, Adobe provides a full 30 day refund period so that you can ensure you have not wasted your money.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I had no idea about that, Bill.... I see so many complaints online of people who never managed to stop their subscriptions, for example.....It all makes one afraid to try! Anyway, in our machines 2022 and 2023, one on Mac, one on Windows, they both are functioning so badly that I wouldn't dare to give them my money, especially because 2023 is not that cheap! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines