Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim manually

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a basic question which I could not get answered on google yet.

First How can I trim or move a clip without using the marks on the timeline? The marks set does not allow to move or trim in detail only using those marks.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear what you're asking?

If you are full zoomed into the timeline, the tick marks on the timeline represent individual frames. You can no cut smaller than individual frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi raffaelf,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with @Steve Grisetti. As far as I know, trimming a clip and moving a clip are two different things. I'm sure there is something in your question that we are missing. Could you share more details about what exactly you want? We'll be happy to answer.

Meanwhile, check out these articles. You may find something useful in there.

1. How to trim clips in Adobe Premiere Elements.

2. How to arrange clips in the Expert view timeline with Premiere Elements

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your replies!

Maybe you got my question right and there is really no way. But I hope there is a misunderstanding.

If you look at the expert timeline you can see the time in hours, minutes and seconds right above the arrangement with your clips.

In between the time and the clips in the arrangement there are markers. I do not know how they are called correctly.

My issue is following:

I can only cut or trim or move clips on or to these markers. In between the markers I cannot cut / trim / move.

To add an example to my issue:

I do video clips for music. So I have someone singing / rapping whatever. And I’ve got the music to it. Now both should be in sync (ideally). With these markers I am not able to do that properly. As I can only move the clips along these markers.

It’s only milliseconds away, but it is away. Same with triming / cutting those clips. I want to remove something from the clips, I am not able to do that properly as I am not able to do it detailed.

The picture shows you the timeline. I highlighted the so called markers.

When you zoom in, you get more markers along the timeline but detailled moving / triming is not possible.

2019-07-16 08_49_03-(45) Creating a DVD menu in Premiere Elements 2019, Part 1 of 2 - YouTube.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As  I said in the first response, you can zoom in on the timeline (press the + key on your keyboard or use the slider on the upper right of the timeline) and eventually you will zoom in so far that these tick marks will represent individual frames. (Your screen shot is zoomed pretty far back.)

The more you zoom in, the more minute you can make adjustments. However, individual frames are the smallest element in a video, so eventually you will get to a point at which all you can adjust is frame to frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines