• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

turning off segments of a track

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several tracks in my song. I want to sometimes have a lower track appear on screen, and other times have the upper track appear. So, I know to first use the scissors tool to put a separation, ie, in the upper track at the point where I want to see the lower track. However, I'd rather not delete that segment of the upper track yet, since I may want to change the timing in the future. Is there a way to just silence or turn off a part of a track. I know you can silence the whole track at the left of each track, but, as I said, I only want to quiet one segment of a track at a time. I guess I could use more and more tracks for each segment, but I already have a bunch of tracks.

Hope that's clear. I could reword it if needed.

LNovik

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Enable has been in PE since the beginning of time 😉

And I dont even use the Program............

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you cut and then delete a section, it is not really gone.  You've only set in and out markers.   If you want to put a deleted part back, you grab and drag the ends with your mouse.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ssame person here. I guess what I'm asking is how to  mute a clip (or segment) of a track, instead of having to delete it.

Thanks.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframe the audio volume.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg9RVPx31BI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now had  time to use the scissors to divide a clip, and then delete part of that clip. As Bill Sprague said, I was then able to recover that deleted section by simply dragging  from the end of one of the clips sitting next to the blank area. By doing this, it then brought back the whole previously deleted video. Wow!. What a great feature. Who knew?! Thanks very much.

I also looked at Bob Peru's link. That was very interesting as well, though not exactly about what I was looking for. But, it then lead to another video (somehow) and that was again helpful and interesting concerning how to use the features of  the Elements program. Thanks to you, Bob Peru, as well.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to  mute a clip (or segment) of a track, instead of having to delete it.

By @larryn58205743

Right click on clip or clips > uncheck Enable.

Or set timeline to audio view to mute the entire audio track.

AnnBens_1-1650279048521.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Ann, I see that now. Actually, I've already muted the entire audio track by toggling off the audio speaker icon at the extreme left side of the whole track. I'm using an audio track at the bottom of my project for all of my sound. But this also works beautfiully on my video tracks--that is, just using the scissors to mark an area of a track that I want to temporarily disaapear. I then simply right click on that area and unclick the "enable" command. It's similar to what Mr Sprague said, but it would appear to be even easier, because if and when I want to bring back the content, instead of dragging it back in from one side of the deleted segment, I can simply just recheck the enable command. 

Thanks again.

These helpful hints keep making my project easier. I'm thinking that by the end of the day, someone will show me how to just think about a change that I want, and it will just magically occur!

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need to use an in and outpoint . Just lasso (select) the clips and uncheck Enable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just lasso (select) the clips and uncheck Enable.

Didn't know that tool was there!  Thanks Ann!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Enable has been in PE since the beginning of time 😉

And I dont even use the Program............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines