• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to play video: Premiere Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have premiere elements 15. I could make a video film. When I put the video on my laptop, I click on the start/stop button, but nothing happened. How can I restore this?

Title  was edited by: Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dorryt,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you are unable to play a video in Adobe Premiere Elements 15. Am I correct?

• Does it happen with a specific file?
  • Please share your system details(OS, RAM, GPU, CPU, etc)

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try it again, perhaps I was not so clear.

I have a laptop ASUS VivoBook 17 with Windows 10 version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I work with with Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 15.

I made in my Photoshop presentations and i want to make a movie from the presentations.

I open Premiere Elements  and go Import media. First I go to my maps and folders and imported a video I made with my Samsung Mobile. Then I go to Elements Organizer to pick my presentations. From the projectside I put them on the line Video 1. Of course, I like to see, what I have done and I click  on the play button, but nothing happened. I, click on the right and the left button, and my film is moving forward and back step by step. I can also click on PG down and the time indicator goes to the end. I can click on PG up and the time indicator went to the beginning. But the quick forward and quick backward button didn't do anything either.

I can only seen my film when I move the time indicator.

Please, do you know how to activate the play/stop button?

Greetings from Dorry Ttabbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the description, Dorry. I found an article for troubleshooting the playback issues in Premiere Elements. Check this out: Solutions for playback issues with Premiere Elements

Let me know if it helps.

If you still face the issue, could share a video recording of what happens when you play the timeline?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for your help. I went on holidays tomorrow and when I come back I start the solutions, which you mentioned. I hope I understand everything. It looks very complicated for a housewife.

Greetings from Dorry Tabbers

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Shivangi,

You can’t believe it but it works. I can play my video’s. I go to Edit, Preferences. Than I got the message: MME drive international error. Do you want to go to the original setting. I click yes.

Then I went back to my video’s in Premiere Elements, click on the start button and it moves.

I am very glad!

Now I can work on my projects.

Greetins from Dorry tabbers

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Dorry,

I was out of town too. I just saw your message and I'm happy to know that you got it fixed.

Thanks for updating us about the resolution that worked for you. I'm sure it will be helpful for other users as well.

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you output a movie from Premiere Elements but can't play it?

What video format did you output it as?

(You of course can not play a .prel file since it is not a video file but a project file.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Elements is my video a prel file.

I can click on the right button and the film  moves one frame  , I clicked on the left button and the film moves one frame back. I can use the pg down and the pg up button and the time indicator responds . But the other buttons: space button and the buttons fast forwarts and fast back do not respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media (original video used in project) in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines