Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlink audio/video issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I'm really new to Premiere so I'm stumbling along.  My current issue is that I have unlinked an audio track from the video and when I delete the audio everything else on the video track shifts to cover the void (the video is not deleted).  I then have to go through the video track to reset the locations to the proper time frame to match the music track.

What am I doing wrong?  I am basically attempting to create a slideshow type video to burn to disk.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps are you taking to delete the audio track.  My experience is that it does not shift the video so we are doing something differently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please confirm that you're working in Premiere Elements 2022 and not another version or Premiere Pro, which can be very different programs.

Assuming you are on a Windows computer, do you see something different if you hold down the Ctrl key as you delete the audio? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a video of what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Undo deleting audio. Just mute the track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines