I've recently been getting into making youtube videos using Premiere Elements 2021. Everything was going fine until a new update came out, and premiere tried downloading it automatically but froze/crashed in the process. After that I've had a series of issues with the program, specifically, rendering video playback so that I can actually edit without the playback being very choppy/stuttering. First, the rendering process would freeze anywhere from 15-20min in to a render. It would just get stuck on frame (Rendering Frame X of Y) and I'd have to cancel it or close the program. After testing out new preferences/settings and updating my Graphics Card Driver, I am now unable to even render the first frame (it gets stuck Rendering Frame 1 with an estimated time of 353141:4...) I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere Elements multiple times with multiple versions to no avail. This has been very frustrating as its made editing videos much more difficult since all my playback is now choppy/stuttering. I've attached a screenshot of my current rendering problem below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post computer spec, graphics card and driver number.
Delete all media cache and preview files and try again.
Thanks for the quick reply. I deleted all media cache and preview files, restarted my computer, and am still encountering the same problem.
- Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4600 @ 3.6GHz
- 16GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- Driver: GeForce Game Ready Driver Version 496.13
Try the Studio driver instead of the Game driver
So last night I was able to get past the "stuck at frame 1" problem by switching the directory that Premiere Elements saves to away from Microsoft OneDrive and to a separate folder. Now, my only problem is it freezing/getting stuck on a frame anywhere from 15-20 min into the render and being unable to finish rendering the preview.
I installed the Studio Driver and reset my computer, and am still encountering this problem.
Again, thanks for the response.
UPDATE: I've been digging around through the "Premiere Elements Log.txt" file and appear to have found some error messages corresponding to the issues I've been having. I decided to open my project up and try rendering, and then reading the log file.
When looking through the log, I first noticed a series of messages stating
"Ticks = 39109 <5456> <StandardFilterWrapper> <5> Not able to create video filter for standard filter: [X]"
With X being some sort of adobe file, for example "AE.ADBE PPro ClipName", "AE.ADBE DigitalVideoLimiter", "AE.ADBE Lumetri", etc.
Shortly after this, there were a series of similar error messages:
<5904> <dvacore.StructuredLogging> <4> We have timed out on an async source. This probably shouldn't happen and will result in performance problems, media: "[FILE IM TRYING TO RENDER].mp4", frame: 66586
This seems to be linked to the issue I'm having, and was repeated 8 times with various frame numbers from the same video.
I don't know if this is helpful or not, just some more info I was able to gather surrounding the issue.