Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videoplayback stops after short time

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a big problem with my Adobe Premiere Elements. I import some videos to my timeline and now I want to watch them. But the playback stops after half a second. Its not always the same time, but most of the time I have to press PLAY again after half a second. Sometimes the video playback runs 3-4 seconds. What can I do? I cannot work with my program any more with behavior like this.

This problem is occuring suddenly, I never had these problems times ago....

Can somebody help me?

Martin

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a video where you can see the problem in action:

https://youtu.be/njHoMmLrU6g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be any of a couple of issues -- but first try this. Press Enter to render your timeline. That yellow orange line along the top of the timeline will turn green. Once it's been rendered, play your timeline.

If that fixes the problem, then it's an issue related to either your original footage or your hardware or some combination of the two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and thanks for your reply.

I`m sorry I tried this out - its not solving the issue....

Maybe you have an other idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I could find a solution for this. It had to do with my CPU workload. I had a progam running that used a lot of CPU sources. When I quit it, its running smooth again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found the solution, Martin! As I said, if rendering the timeline doesnt' fix things, it's usually either your file format or a computer resource issue.

Happy moviemaking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines