• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the interaction between Export settings and initial project setting?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a project in the wrong settings  (1080p), using 1440clips. but I want to export at max quality for YouTube - so 4k. 

I was able to export a 4k video , even though my initial project settings were set to 1080p. What kind of issues , if any, does this cause? 

I find it a bit unclear , how initial project settings interact with export settings. 

Ive spent 2 weeks editing this video, to only late realize that my setting were not correct - the auto detector interpreter by 1440clips as 1080, because there is no 1440p preset in premier elements. That's fine, because I want to export to max quality, 4k, for which there is a preset. However the auto detector downscales my project settings  1080p instead of upscaling my project settings  to 4k.  So it seems that I wineed to create a new project and choose he 4k preset. However, I then don't seem to be able to copy / paste my timeline from one project to another. Perhaps if I imlort all the same clips to the new 4k project, then I will be able to copy paste my timeline? 

Re- editing clips by hand in the 4k project  will take up to 30 hours  (almost a week of full time work) so I don't wanna travel that pathway. 

On the other hand, since I already exported a 4k video from my 1080p preset project, perhaps there is no further quality benefit in trying to make sure thetabmy initial project settings are 4k? 

Does it cause any problems if the initial project setting and final export settings don't match? Is changing the export settings similar to changing the project settings under the good ? 

How is it similar and how is it different? 

Any info on this topic is appreciated. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Feature request , Import , Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to stick to the "quality" of the original clips.   Where did the source clips come from and what is the resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fine, because I want to export to max quality, 4k,

This is a false assumption.

4K or rather UDH is 3840x2160 is twice the size of 1080p  hence no max quality rather loss in image quality.

You are scaling up: cannot make something twice as large and retain the same quality.

Putting 1080p in a UDH timeline results in the same way. Image quality loss.

In other words if your image is 1080p stick to 1080p.

If you want UDH for output your source needs to be UDH.

Unfortunately Elements does not let you change project settings or copy a timeline over.

If you want to have matching settings for your 1440p footage you will have to make your own project settings.

How To Create custom Projects in Premiere Elements – Custom Sequence Presets - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines