Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is audio appearing in all channels?

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been using Premiere Elements 2019 without issue since its release. However, the last time I imported a video clip it replicated the audio from it into every channel. I.e, I have a single clip of the video in Video 1 but audio in Video 1,2,3, and 4 as well as in music and voice - six channels in total. It does this for every clip. 

I have reinstalled the program, reimported the raw video, changed project setting from 5.1 to stereo and back again - all to no effect. 

There also appears to be a duplication in the Audio 1 channel!

Can anyone tell me what the issue is and more importantly, how I can stop this happening? No idea.

Thanks.  

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

You are usually right and probably are about this too.  But, my old 1080p, HD, .mts, 5.1 Audio camcorder has the Dolby logo on it.  Wikipedia seems to connect 5.1 audio with Dolby.  "5.1 dates back to 1976,[5] when Dolby Labs modified the track usage of the six analogue magnetic soundtracks on Todd-AO 70 mm film prints. The Dolby application of optical matrix encoding in 1976 (released on the film Logan's Run) did not use split surrounds, and thus was not 5.1. Dolby first used split surrounds with 70 mm film, notably in 1979 with Apocalypse Now. Instead of the five screen channels and one surround channel of the Todd-AO format, Dolby Stereo 70 mm Six Track provided three screen channels, two high-passed surround channels and a low-frequency surround channel monophonically blended with the two surround channels."

Whatever it is, Premiere Elements isn't playing well with 5.1 audio and without a lot of current 5.1 gear, my guess is that it probably won't get fixed.  With luck, I'm wrong about that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines