• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12.1 update - .mov import failure

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our News organisation just updated our premiere to 12.1.1 and are having multiple issues. We found that when we import .mov video files into the programme that it only recognises the audio but not the video and/or gives a generic code error.

We've all had to uninstall that version and install an older version so that we can keep up with our day to day output.

Has adobe gotten rid of recognising .mov files or am I missing something? Premiere Pro CC

Will need to know asap as it effects a few hundred employees and our content output.

Abi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you're using -- but, if you're on Windows, you must have Quicktime install in order to edit MOV files, per the program's system requirements.

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

It also makes a difference what the MOV files are composed of, since MOV files are a package rather than a description of the file.

Do you know what model of camcorder this video is coming from and what resolution it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Our News organisation just updated our premiere to 12.1.1 "

I think you have posted in the wrong forum. Those numbers match my version of Premiere Pro CC.  This forum is for Premiere Elements, the consumer/hobby video editor. 

To answer your question, I tested a MOV file from an iPhone 6 in my copy of Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1.  It worked fine.  Adobe has not gotten rid of recognizing MOV files!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines