• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 videos at once

Participant ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to compare an edited with an unedited version of the same clip; is it possible to import both and toggle between them? As near as I can tell, if they appear one above the other on the timeline, only one plays. Of course, you can put one after the other, on the same or different tracks, but then it's more difficult to compare.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

What resolution are the videos?

You could easily put one video on Video 1 and the other on Video 2 directly above it and then set Scale and Position Motion settings for each to create a split screen. That would be the easiest way.

if you can let me know the resolution, I could recommend the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of ways to do this.

It all depends on what you mean when you say "edited" and "unedited."

If you mean to compare a video that has not been cut to a video that's been cut into short clips, trimmed and rearranged, that could be tough.

But if you just want to compare a video that's had effects added to it to a video that hasn't had effects and adjustments added to it, that's definitely possible.

Also, where do you plan to do your comparison? Are you just looking at both versions as you're editing or are you trying to output a side-by-side comparison to show the difference to friends and clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have both videos imported into Premiere; one is scene of a couple minutes, the other is a version of same scene which has already been edited. I'd like to be able to see both simultaneously inside Premiere so I can see where the edits were made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution are the videos?

You could easily put one video on Video 1 and the other on Video 2 directly above it and then set Scale and Position Motion settings for each to create a split screen. That would be the easiest way.

if you can let me know the resolution, I could recommend the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it! Brilliant! Would never have thought of it – thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines