• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 Premier Elements won't Play

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to video editing.... but I was working on a video project and was able to play added mp4 videos, but now I cannot get it to play.  Obviously without the ability to play a video the program is useless.  I get the following screen when hitting the preview button in quick edit.  Can anyone offer a way around this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Reinstall appears to be working, hopefully this will continue...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project in Premiere Elements and most other editing programs only references and then uses the source files.  It does not put them actually in the project.  So, if you move or delete the source videos, the project can't find them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding, however I can't play video even when I start a new project with one video.  Nothing has been moved and it will not play.  The screen shot above should not be appearing so something is amiss.  Hopefully I can get an answer to the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to try uninstall and reinstall to see if this clears up the issue.  Rebooting had no effect on the problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstall appears to be working, hopefully this will continue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi hanks,

Thanks for reaching out. I am happy that the issue got fixed for you. I checked the conversation and I understand the issue was not only about the playback but also about the preview on the screen. Am I correct?

I agree with @whsprague. We have to make sure that the media clip is linked with the project while editing to get the correct preview.

Give us a shout if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines