• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 upgraded

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv been using prmiere elements for many years as part of my video business I always found it easy to use and and has most of the editing prgramme I need

i recenet upgaded from 15 to 2019, and found a problem tried to down load footage from one of my cams and there was no audio on timeline checked origanel and was fine,as most of its for vision wasnt to conserned,however i then need to reedit a video i completed on 15 so i used 2019 version however after lots of trys found that some of the audio was missing not allowing me to redit on2019,after contacting support I was told that any audio captured on dolby  would not work on 2019 as dolby is not included in the 2019 package does any one now about this ,apart from the upgraded to 2019 which I wasnt to bothered with wish I had saved my money

Rob

SEV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot depends on your operating system, Rob.

If you're running a current operating system (like Windows 10) you'll have no problems working with AC3 Dolby audio. The operating system supplies the support.

But if you're still running Windows 7, which Microsoft is ending support for, you will have problems, since the program no longer provides AC3 support.

If it's within 30 days of your purchase and you're unhappy, you may want to contact your vendor to see if they will refund your money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steve thanks for reply yes your correct i do have windows 7 with i7 one of best systems ive had i have a number of other pcs which have windows 10 but as there not high spec dont use as edit pcs all of my cams are sony and can select pcm or dolby on the menu so using 2019 isn't  realy a problem apart from one cam but i said i only use for vision shots any older footage i need to use or redit  will  revert to do on 15

A message did come up at the end of save saying can not complete save refer to microsoft features

Which i tried but but clearly not availble for windows 7

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

Please be aware that opening a version 15 project in 2019 has risks.  The software engineers do not maintain backward compatibility.  As the software moves forward with new or redesigned features and functions, newer versions may corrupt the projects from the older versions.

The safe practice is to only open copies of projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks that may be true but nowere have i read that it is not back to back compatible iv not had  any problems with all the previous  upgrades

Dont think adobe are likley to say previous  versions may not be compatible as would hit sales

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sevviesev  wrote

Dont think adobe are likley to say previous  versions may not be compatible as would hit sales

Rob

Actually, that is the official word.

Adobe recommends only opening projects in the version that they were created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's still an issue with AC3 and standard def videos

recorded on an external DVD burner. HD videos and AC3 in Windows 10 has been working

so far. But as mentioned, no audio on SD videos with AC3 and Windows 10.

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes can understand probable true and makes  sense problem i had using windows 7 which has worked perfectly for 2 years is that they no longer include dolby in the programme so any one with cam set ups using dolby cannot use i have not seen any notification  when i upgraded from 15 that it had been deleted fine now i no but spent best part of a day trying to find out why audio wouldn't  work in 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

I think your question is really worth noting for many layers of issues involving PRE. Besides having some compatibility issues between versions, there's also the issues involving different computers and changing operating systems on the different computers. My oldest MacBook Pro hit a brick wall with attempts to update the operating system, which turned out to be a good thing because I had an older version of PRE on it. On my newest Mac, with the newest OS, I may have trouble with my older versions that I keep on older computers. I even have some older versions on a Windows computer I use as a server now. When the developers want to add a new feature to PRE, sometimes it's only possible on a new version of the software they're writing the code for. So many issues with software development and the not-always compatibility with emerging OS versions on Windows and Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines