• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k importing advice

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started to film in 4k using a Sony RX10M4. In the past, I have always removed the SD card from the video camera and plugged it into my PC card reader and then downloaded just the MP4 files to hard disk. I then imported the files using Add Media/Files and Folders.

With this new camera I see there is an XML file with every MP4 file. I always ignored the XML file before. Is this OK or should I also import the XML files instead of just the MP4 files?

Also, should I import the clips directly from the camera or am I ok doing it with the card reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Do it the same way you've always done it.  The MP4 file is the video.   My preference is to copy the files to my computer from a card reader. 

It has been awhile since I used my RX100.   It recorded little extra files that had specific information usable by Sony's Playmemories software.  Premiere Elements does not use or need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do it the same way you've always done it.  The MP4 file is the video.   My preference is to copy the files to my computer from a card reader. 

It has been awhile since I used my RX100.   It recorded little extra files that had specific information usable by Sony's Playmemories software.  Premiere Elements does not use or need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I know the MP4 files are the video and the XML are data files but wasn't sure if APE used any of that information. You have put my mind at rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines